10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

Pep is reverting back to attacking, dribbling wingers who are direct and make things happen. Fast.

Jack isn’t one of those type of players - or at least he’s not been asked to be since joining - but I’d love to see him give it a go. Even the run at the end where he got booked was unusual for him. Attacking his marker and making things happen. Another day that’s a pen.

A side note, though, Pep absolutely bollocked him apparently for taking so long to get ready to come on. Along the lines of ‘do you want to come on or not?’ - I think it’ll be tough love this season between them both instead of a fatherly figure.

I like Doku a lot but I think Jack is definitely more productive with his use of the ball. At the moment Doku jinks about a lot then more often than not, passes backwards.
Jack is a better player IMHO

Pep starts the player who is more likely to help the team.

Doku finished last season stronger than Grealish: contributed vs Real, Chelsea (fa cup), Spurs away, scored vs United. And he's only 22.

Both will play a lot. The player who performs better will start more (big) games.

Jack isn’t one of those type of players - or at least he’s not been asked to be since joining - but I’d love to see him give it a go. Even the run at the end where he got booked was unusual for him. Attacking his marker and making things happen. Another day that’s a pen.
The run was not unusual. It is his trademark move. The pass to him from McAtee was the unusual part though. Grealish was in the pockets and McAtee held the width and passed to him from left to right.

For most of Grealish City career he played with Cancelo or Ake behind him. Cancelo is a right footer and prefers crossing with his right. Ake usually plays deep and Grealish receives from him with his back to goal. They rarely make pass similar to that one to find their wideman unmarked. And we can all agree Grealish is never a touchline winger. Although he can hold the ball wherever he receives, he prefers to receive in the half space.

It is not a coincidence. Last season Grealish best two games, Utd away and Real away. Look how most of his productive runs came after a pass Josko(or others) made to find him in the half space at the right moment. Especially the run which lead to the early opener vs Real. It is very very rare for any of our wingers to receive a pass like that ever since Zinchenko faded from starting XI and left.

Last edited:
Grealish is still drunk on the bench and couldn't recognise who Gundogan was.

FB-IMG-1724528370022.jpg

Shouldn’t get a look in as long as doku and savio are fit imo
If they are fit and performing well then that may be the case. If that is the case then nobody can have an issue as it means we are obviously playing well without him.

That said, Jack will play plenty of games this season, he’s too good not to and certain games will fit his skill set over the other two.

Unless you think those two can play close to 70 games. Which would be stupid even for those who have never rated Jack from day one..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.