10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

I like him in this free flowing almost 10 role. More like the player I coveted when he was at Villa. Pleased for him with a goal too.
I wasn't paying much attention to the match, but the times I glanced up I noticed he was playing centrally behind Kane.

It's been long debated if he'd be better centrally at City, as he doesn't possess the trickery of the wingers we now have & are targeting.

Pep played him centrally at certain points during pre-season, & it's definitely an option going forward for us to explore.

I'm glad some are reporting that Jack seemed to flourish in a free central role, & looked more like his Villa self.

I doubt it very much. Is there any manager around in the whole world that the bald frau Pep would "follow"? He's very much his own man.

Have you forgiven the "snakes" yet? Or at least our snake?
I don't really bear a grudge with Grealish anymore. Would have loved to have seen him play for Ireland, I think he could have been like a Bale type player for us, and then if you add in Rice we actually could have had a decent enough team.

Always liked him in a City shirt.

I don't really bear a grudge with Grealish anymore. Would have loved to have seen him play for Ireland, I think he could have been like a Bale type player for us, and then if you add in Rice we actually could have had a decent enough team.

Always liked him in a City shirt.
Very magnanimous of you. And yes I'm being serious. I got a bit of grief at work over him yesterday.

Thought that was last season but he was awful
Yes was disappointing for sure, but injuries were the main reason for that, but fully accept excuses for his shortcomings cannot be infinite.

I think a lot of this is about perspective. His transfer fee simply doesn’t enter into my thinking when evaluating his worth to the squad. It’s completely irrelevant to me. We probably overpaid by about £30m or so. So what, if he contributes positively to the team?

Pep still clearly rates him, and that’s more than good enough for me. And as I say, I think this could be his season. I certainly hope so because he’s an extremely likeable person who is plainly well regarded round the club, as well as being a very talented footballer.

Very magnanimous of you. And yes I'm being serious. I got a bit of grief at work over him yesterday.
Why, sure you aren't related to him.
What are your views on him?

Rice was worse, playing 3 senior international games and then switching

O'Neill and Keane should have had him tied down before then. Wales and NI are very good at tying down dual nationality players at a young age.

N
Why, sure you aren't related to him.
What are your views on him?

Rice was worse, playing 3 senior international games and then switching

O'Neill and Keane should have had him tied down before then. Wales and NI are very good at tying down dual nationality players at a young age.
No, but I'm a city fan, the club he plays for. "Guilt" by association, I guess. "I hope you're proud of that snake that plays for you", that sort of thing. No point arguing with those that won't listen.

Yes was disappointing for sure, but injuries were the main reason for that, but fully accept excuses for his shortcomings cannot be infinite.

I think a lot of this is about perspective. His transfer fee simply doesn’t enter into my thinking when evaluating his worth to the squad. It’s completely irrelevant to me. We probably overpaid by about £30m or so. So what, if he contributes positively to the team?

Pep still clearly rates him, and that’s more than good enough for me. And as I say, I think this could be his season. I certainly hope so because he’s an extremely likeable person who is plainly well regarded round the club, as well as being a very talented footballer.
I dont worry about what players cost , pointless doing that really , i still think he thought he had made it with the treble and didnt realise you have to push yourself to another level and go for it again . Look how kev came back from months out , determined to win again . Jack had no excuses for not doing the same

Hope he has a better season

The issue is a £100m+ player means he is far from being the finished article bordering being one of the World's best. As much as I do rate Grealish he is far from being one of the most complete players.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.