10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

not top, that's Josko but a respectable vote share. Jack is a very talented player who is asked to play a contained role.
So why is he asked to not take risks or take players on yet doku is seemingly encouraged? Jack doesn’t have that burst of pace to beat a man and he thrives in space which when you play for city you don’t have.

If you honestly think pep encourages Jack to get the ball and go backwards every time then I don’t know what to say

So why is he asked to not take risks or take players on yet doku is seemingly encouraged? Jack doesn’t have that burst of pace to beat a man and he thrives in space which when you play for city you don’t have.

If you honestly think pep encourages Jack to get the ball and go backwards every time then I don’t know what to say
I'm afraid not losing the ball is a prime requirement and that often turns the play round - it's the way Pep likes it and works pretty well - do you disagree?

Offers next to zero threat when the game's crying out for our wingers to produce something for the team. That's a performance that's going to see him spend a lot of time on the bench. Has to have an impact.
You noticed he stayed on when Bernie and Savinho got the hook I suppose? I think he'll start again on Sunday as he has all our games so far.

I'd have to watch the game back to conclude how he played, but I'm not doing that. It was one of those where it's 'sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.' He certainly worked his tail off defensively.

Offers next to zero threat when the game's crying out for our wingers to produce something for the team. That's a performance that's going to see him spend a lot of time on the bench. Has to have an impact.
Your first sentence is pretty much exactly what I wrote on the match thread at half time. He’s a player that divides opinion. Most of the people that sit around me in the Stadium think the same as you and I but he also has a lot of supporters. In fact, quite a few voted him motm tonight, which I find baffling, but that’s one of the reasons this Forum works so well.

Was nodding away there till Doku came into your thinking, he’s so predictable it’s scary, again another who needs to improve quickly
‘So predictable’ but yet he is the best in 1 v 1 situations.

This Grealish v Doku thing was boring last year and it’s even more boring this year. We need both!

Support them instead of making it about the other.

You noticed he stayed on when Bernie and Savinho got the hook I suppose? I think he'll start again on Sunday as he has all our games so far.
Not sure what point you're trying to make about the subs? he was subbed off at the weekend when he had a very decent game. He started the last 2 before tonight, didn't start the first two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.