10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

I feel like I’m just watching the same game/performance from him every week. He has his merits in tough games, where we need control but you can count those matches on one hand every season.

I hate to say this but I find him really boring to watch.
Away games yes - at the etihad against constant low blocks he barely delivers anything. Doku causes chaos and is a much better option at home.

I feel like I’m just watching the same game/performance from him every week. He has his merits in tough games, where we need control but you can count those matches on one hand every season.

I hate to say this but I find him really boring to watch.
he has mastered the 6/10 performance, doesnt do anything egregiously bad, but isnt great either, he just exists. doku is someone who can be very good but also very frustrating on the other hand.

he has mastered the 6/10 performance, doesnt do anything egregiously bad, but isnt great either, he just exists. doku is someone who can be very good but also very frustrating on the other hand.
I don't know about you but I find Jack constantly shooting at the first man extremely frustrating.

VoocQuB.png

I like him as a person but the reality is his best position is centrally as he showed for England. However he's never going to be playing centrally for City as that's where we have our best players, Kev, Phil, David Silva, Yaya, Gundo etc
It may well be in everyone's interest that Jack moves on.

My issue is the lack of intent from him. A lot of what Doku and now Savinho try doesn’t come off but there is intent from both to try and make something happen. Grealish seems happy to have 90% successful pass stats while having no real impact on the game.

I think it was KDB who said something re never giving the ball away being completely pointless if it means you are just playing safe all the time. Grealish has become Mr Safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.