10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

Do you not step back and think I can’t see it but Pep picks him a lot maybe it’s me. Because when Pep does things I don’t see I think there is a 99.9 % chance he’s right I’m wrong? That’s just a fact.
Yeah, I do Blue. Then I simply go back to rocking up at games, pay my coin, and still I am puzzled. Of course Pep knows best. That said he didn't pick the lad for a lot of last season.

Because some people in here couldn't let go 100m price tag.
Every conversation about Grealish and his value to the team should be in the context of his transfer fee. None of KDB, Rodri, Dias, Akanji, Haaland (I could probably name almost the whole team here) cost anything like what Grealish cost and there’s a very good argument that they all contribute way more than he does. He may be a good player but for £100m he should be a great player, which, imo, he isn’t. I really want him to deliver something special but almost every time I watch him he disappoints.

Every conversation about Grealish and his value should be in the context of his transfer fee. None of KDB, Rodri, Dias, Akanji, Haaland (I could probably name almost the whole team here) cost anything like what Grealish cost and there’s a very good argument that they all contribute way more than he does. He may be a good player but for £100m he should be a great player, which, imo, he isn’t. I really want him to deliver something special but almost every time I watch him he disappoints.
No it shouldn’t it should only be what he brings to the team, trying to factor in his cost is daft.

No it shouldn’t it should only be what he brings to the team, trying to factor in his cost is daft.
Well, if you think that a few square and backward passes, the occasional run across the pitch with the ball and virtually no goals and assists is bringing enough to the team you are entitled to your opinion. As am I, and I don’t think it is - especially for a player who came with such a high price tag.

Mmmmmmmm, depends really, as you can analyse the situation in many different ways, Haaland scoring a shit load of goals an example, the defensive back 4 (whatever combinations), steady as a rock, but in the cold light of day looking at what Jack Grealish performances (on the whole), not the odd game, i'm talking on the whole time he's been with us is underwhelming to say the least.

He has many lovers, many on here, that's fair enough, but if you have never gone to yourself meh after certain games then blinkered is the only term I can use.

One great season in 3 is not pretty, even the most harshest critic would find flaws in the 1 good season he's had with us, but I'm not satisfied, and surely he isn't.

Great for England with a point to prove the other week, but against Ireland and Finland tells you enough about why that was.

I said on here during last season I hope he gets going, but he isn't, and not just me thinking it looking at this thread
It wasn't a great season either . He had 5 goals and 7 assists in the league. No goals and no assists in the champions league. A good 3 months was about the height of it.

Well, if you think that a few square and backward passes, the occasional run across the pitch with the ball and virtually no goals and assists is bringing enough to the team you are entitled to your opinion. As am I, and I don’t think it is - especially for a player who came with such a high price tag.
Okay, I only care about what happens to the team, what each players costs when they are picked I couldn’t care less. When Pep picks a team do you think he picks players on what they can do for the team or bases it on each players value for money?

The Grealish threads are consistently the dullest threads on here.
Endless criticism of his performances by a small section of the forum, followed by defence of his performances from a small section of the forum, and repeat.

We are the most successful English team by a mile. He's consistently picked by the best manager in the modern game and has helped us to win more trophies that we dreamed of. I don't get the constant sniping at him, and without it the constant defending wouldn't be needed.

Every conversation about Grealish and his value to the team should be in the context of his transfer fee. None of KDB, Rodri, Dias, Akanji, Haaland (I could probably name almost the whole team here) cost anything like what Grealish cost and there’s a very good argument that they all contribute way more than he does. He may be a good player but for £100m he should be a great player, which, imo, he isn’t. I really want him to deliver something special but almost every time I watch him he disappoints.
Don’t know about great player or not for the price. But at the game yesterday Jack had a lot of the ball and I think played ok but we needed a game changing moment from him but it never came.

Since the start of the 2022-23 season, Jack has created more chances from open play in the CL than any other player, with 55!

That’s more than de Bruyne, Mbappe, Vinicius Jnr, Gündoğan, Foden, Rodrygo, Musiala, Bernardo, Sané, Salah, Díaz…

Last edited:
When you talk price tag, don't forget the "english tax".
Due to foreign player limit rules, an english player always attracts a higher price.
There aren't that many world class english players in each position, so good ones are valued higher.
Jacks value selling abroad won't attract the same interest. We paid more because of this.

Either way, i'm glad we have him. He keeps the ball well, and if not we get a free kick!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.