10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

I wouldnt mind him delivering very low assists and goal tally over a season from left if we have the opposite on the right wing coming up with high number of assists/goals. but to be honest Doku/Bernardo from the right aint much more productive either.

sometimes does feel like we dont really punish teams by them putting extra defenders on Haaland as our wingers wont create panic, accurate shots, break into box etc and neither overlapping fullbacks.

one thing Grealish need to look at is why 19 of 20 of his shots always hit the foot of the blocking defender.is he too slow to release shots allowing defenders to read exactly how to block it?
quite a struggle for him to get something on target once he shoots which can affect his confidence taking shots too.

Football I'm interested in, good football at that.
You are in the right place, we play the best football in the world and are prob the most succesful team in the world in the period Grealish has played for us and he has played a huge part in it. If you fail to recognise that then maybe you are looking for some other type of football.

I thought he made a load of space for Kev over and over again last night and if Kev had been on it we'd be talking about a really smart disciplined performance from Grealish in that "inverted" role.

I've never really understood why Grealish gets stick for this but Bernie doesn't when on the wing as they both play a similar role. Which is to try and move the defensive line around so other players have space or operate in.

Because some people in here couldn't let go 100m price tag.

You are in the right place, we play the best football in the world and are prob the most succesful team in the world in the period Grealish has played for us and he has played a huge part in it. If you fail to recognise that then maybe you are looking for some other type of football.

Yea, American maybe eh

Because some people in here couldn't let go 100m price tag.
The club and Pep thought he was worth that fee. On all known evidence since he wasn't .
His time here has been Disappointing with the exception of 3 months in his second season.
The rest of it has been average at best.
Has to start scoring and assisting and in fairness he's not alone there.

I like Grealish and I want him to do well but I find him so frustrating most of the time. 4th season in now and same predictable style. He keeps the ball well draws a foul but he very rarely beats a player to whip in an accurate cross to assist a goal and he hardly scores. Sometimes he plays well which has his infatuated fan boys all giddy but I think he's largely underwhelming as he plays within himself too often. I don't want to see safety first fun last, I want to get excited when he's on the ball as I often get when Doku is on left wing. OK, Doku makes mistakes but he's young and will eradicate his mistakes as he gets more experience, some of the criticism he got last season was uncalled for especially as it was his first season.

I think Jack needs to make things happen this season in more goals and assists because if he doesn't I think he'll be sold next summer.

I wish he’d get a chance through the middle
I like Jack, but I don't understand these shouts. The one time he received the ball centrally last night, it was taken off him, and Inter almost scored on the ensuing counterattack. He's not better than anyone we have centrally.

I thought he made a load of space for Kev over and over again last night and if Kev had been on it we'd be talking about a really smart disciplined performance from Grealish in that "inverted" role.

I've never really understood why Grealish gets stick for this but Bernie doesn't when on the wing as they both play a similar role. Which is to try and move the defensive line around so other players have space or operate in.
It's mad isn't it? The Bernie thread has tumbleweed rolling across it, when he was awful last night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.