10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

His performances on the left hand side have been typical Grealish - keep possession but not really adding much to the attack.

its noteable however that in the second half of both games Pep has tried him more centrally. I do wonder looking at his performances there if Pep is thinking of making him some sort of number 8...he has the engine to get up and down the pitch. His defensive work is good and he carries the ball forward well (he is not a dribbler he is a ball carrier). He retains possession well we know this.

What he lacks at the moment for that position is goal threat and final ball - could he learn this from there? I think Pep is at least thinking about it and as others have said with Bobb, Savio, Doku and even Bernardo and Foden (if you have to) all being better options out wide then he is going to struggle to get anywhere near the pitch.

It's hard to judge anyone on the pre season games we've played so far give him a break.
His pre season performances however ar very similar to his season performances in what he is actually doing for the side...he isnt adding to his game in the area he needs to - he is not even coming close to it

He didn't affect the game anywhere near enough.
exactly...Hamilton in the second half added more to the game...Grealish was innaffective in the first half...I think he was actually better more central in the second but if he is going to play there he is going to have to really learn a lot very quickly.

His performances on the left hand side have been typical Grealish - keep possession but not really adding much to the attack.

its noteable however that in the second half of both games Pep has tried him more centrally. I do wonder looking at his performances there if Pep is thinking of making him some sort of number 8...he has the engine to get up and down the pitch. His defensive work is good and he carries the ball forward well (he is not a dribbler he is a ball carrier). He retains possession well we know this.

What he lacks at the moment for that position is goal threat and final ball - could he learn this from there? I think Pep is at least thinking about it and as others have said with Bobb, Savio, Doku and even Bernardo and Foden (if you have to) all being better options out wide then he is going to struggle to get anywhere near the pitch.

He's been here 3 seasons and never really been used centrally. For Villa he had a more free role and played a lot of football in the middle, so it's not alien to him and Pep knows it.

So given the fact Pep has never tried to utilise him there in 3 years apart tells me he's already made his mind up that jack won't be playing in the middle. He did last night later in the game because it was a makeshift team.

I've always felt Jack's skill set would be utilised better more centrall but Pep clearly disagrees and who are we to argue?

He's been here 3 seasons and never really been used centrally. For Villa he had a more free role and played a lot of football in the middle, so it's not alien to him and Pep knows it.

So given the fact Pep has never tried to utilise him there in 3 years apart tells me he's already made his mind up that jack won't be playing in the middle. He did last night later in the game because it was a makeshift team.

I've always felt Jack's skill set would be utilised better more centrall but Pep clearly disagrees and who are we to argue?
but we know pep will be using this time to try different things as well,,,, it could be an option.

im not grealishs biggest fan by any certain means,,,i dont rate him as others do im just saying it migh be something pephas in his mind if we do struggle to bring a new player in for our midfield

He was much more involved in the second half playing more centrally.

Those 4 behind Erling are now on Pep to combine:

Doku-Jack-KdB-Bobb
Jack-Phil-KdB-Bernardo
Phil-Bernardo-Bobb-Savio
Doku-Bernardo-KdB-Bobb

It is literally Pep’s wet dream and I really hop he doesn’t make a overthinking brain fahrt out of it playing Rico on those positions :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.