10 years ago today....

what a top day out

tried to get in the green man but it was full but happily ended up one of the first on the roundabout with cans from the tesco!

10 fucking years eh...maddness
I was one of the first on the roundabout as well, I was with the guy dressed as banana man

Reactions: es1
walking down wembley way after the game a few reds selecting their next victim either a kid under 14 or an old fella with a walking stick, one chose to attack the old fella and down he went like a sack of spuds only to reveal his 20 stone 6ft son behind him,dont need to tell you the rest but the rag was carted off in an ambulance
Many Manc reds would punch the lights out of anyone who assaulted an elderly man whoever he supported. The trouble is since the sixties the rags have attracted nob heads from all over attracted not only by the football but also by the much overblown reputation of the Stretford End. Knowing nothing of Manchester they believed they could do what they liked always amazed when they got hit back. Barely a Maine Rd Derby went by without seeing some of them battered in the seats. Hopefully this dickhead at Wembley learned his lesson.

Many Manc reds would punch the lights out of anyone who assaulted an elderly man whoever he supported. The trouble is since the sixties the rags have attracted nob heads from all over attracted not only by the football but also by the much overblown reputation of the Stretford End. Knowing nothing of Manchester they believed they could do what they liked always amazed when they got hit back. Barely a Maine Rd Derby went by without seeing some of them battered in the seats. Hopefully this dickhead at Wembley learned his lesson.
your right,i remember being in the umbro stand/platt lane for a derby and just before kick off a couple of rags made it known who they were,stewards came and ask them to leave,they thought it was there right to be there and after a fuss out they went getting a smack in the chops at each seat aisle they went past,you live and learn ive been in the leeds end a few times but you just keep stumped

What a day that was. The day it all changed!

The City end that day was something else, never seen so many people without tickets jibbing into a ground. Felt like it was 1.5 people per seat all over the bottom tier.

Had a funny experience after the game, getting called a “dirty facking Manc cant” by a load of Rags down some side roads adjacent to Wembley Way. I was on my own and probably looked an easy target from up the street but I carried on singing and laughing at them as I walked past and not one of them was over about 5’10” so they must have thought I wasn’t worth the hassle being a big pissed up jubilant ****!

i was working that day, my boss said there wouldn't be any problem for me to watch the game, however due to planes being late , and early i managed to watch approx 30 secs of the match, and those 30 secs were when we scored, it was horrible working knowing the semi was going on, couldn't concentrate on what i was doing :)

That was the first time Mrs Vienna and I went to Wembley together.

We have been many times since and now usually take our grandson with us.

It was a brilliant day out. I loved doing the Poznań while the rags' team was read out pre-match and the way we took the game to them and obviously the result.

A great day. I had to coach my daughter's football team that day and could not watch the match except for the first 10 minutes or so. And it did not look good then. I had my son stay behind and give me updates. At HT in my daughter's game, he texted "1-0. Yayaaaaaa!" and I jumped around on the sideline like a mad thing in front of some bemused 10 year old's and their parents. So I gathered myself and sent the team out. (We won 4-2 BTW). As internet was spotty at best out there, I kept texting my son: 'What's the damn score? Is it still 1-0? etc." No response. I felt like killing him. Even though it may have been some bad signal... Anyway, usually I would bring the girls out for doughnuts after a game but this time I delegated it to one of the parents - "Sorry but this week, I really have to go!" Game ended; pleasantries completed. Raced home. My son was sitting in front of the TV with a big shit-eating grin. I screamed at him: 'WTF? Did you not get my texts? Who won?..." He looked a bit confused at first.

Then he just smiled and said: 'Did you not get my texts Dad? We did it. We did it." First time I had ever heard him say "We" when it came to City. I didn't care about missed texts then...

I shed a little tear. Actually quite a few. I knew then that we were at a turning point. A tipping point really. And I was able to reschedule my daughter's game the day of the final. Wasn't missing the chance for our first trophy in 35 years.

The final was cathartic. My kids and I did the Poznan in our living room. But this game was really where it all began. Wish I had seen the whole thing live, but I saw my little girl score a cracker instead. Best of both worlds I think. Just a great great day.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot: fuck you Rio. :)
Great story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.