11 games left...

Here's a breakdown of the remaining fixtures for all four contenders for fourth:

<a class="postlink" href="http://skybluethinking.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/a-breakdown-of-the-run-in-for-fourth-place-contenders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skybluethinking.wordpress.com/20 ... ontenders/</a>

That Chelsea win has given us momentum now, I think Spurs and Liverpool were expecting us to lose that one so will be getting nervy about their position.We have already been heavily tipped here after the result at Stamford bridge It's going to be exciting that's for sure and I reckon we will do it!

How much fun is THIS! This is what the end of a season is supposed to be like.

Sunderland, 3 pts
Fulham, 1 pt
Burnley, 1 pt
Arsenal 0
West Ham 3 pt

6 home

Wigan, 3 pts
Brum, 3 pts
Rags, 3 pts
Villa, 3 pt
Spurs 0 pt
Everton 1 pts

21 points minimum. As some have said, let's start with Sunderland. From there its 18 points from 10 games, 6 at home.

That may not be enough, but no one has it easy on the run in.

I have a nasty feeling about Spurs...too much at stake, and still scarred by WHL this year. And can't even dare hope for an unbeaten home run.

People who think we are going to draw at burnley and sunderland are taking the piss. Sunderland havent won a game since october? And burnley can hardly score and they lost to portsmouth FFS!!

I think it'll be very close between us and Liverpool for that 4th spot as long as they manage to keep Torres fit???

Spurs have some very tough fixtures in April with them playing United, Arsenal and Chelsea and I think that'll finish Spurs off along with their injuries. Hopefully we can get our rearranged game with Spurs sandwiched between them fixtures as well :)))

I also think Villa will fall away now as well. The Carling Cup final defeat will have taking something out of them without a doubt (our form dipped big time after the S/F defeat) and it's also March now and they haven't won a premier league game in March for the last two seasons!!!!

The two key factors are we can focus purely on the league and we have the best squad out off all those teams.

COME ON CITY!

I still think spurs will get 4th but loking at that run in liverpool have got the easiest (on paper) and with gerrard and torres back fit they may just scrape in

if city dont get it then i really hope either villa or spurs do.......i just want that usual top 4 broken so sky sports can stop referring to them as some sort of elite club who deserve more than anyone else

I have put a lot of thought into this, looking at all of Villa's, Spurs and Liverpool's upcoming fixtures as well.

I reckon we need 71 points (i.e. 22 from the 11 games). Unfortunately, I think Villa are going to win their next 4 games and are also going to win at Blackburn and Hull. If they pick up only 4 points from their other 5 games, then they will be on 70.

Liverpools matches are harder to call, but I have them finishing on 70 as well. Maybe both Villa and the dippers won't, but I am sure one of them will. So will need 71.

For me it I feel the important games are the home games to Spurs and Villa. Possibly Everton. Winning against our rivals for fourth provides the best way to gain an advantage, the 6 pointer syndrome.

My concern is Liverpool, their run in looks more favourable. However we do have a game in hand (hence the importance of the Everton game).

This will be an exciting end to the season. Beats fighting off relegation, that's for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.