11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I am still of the same opinion. Which have no relevance to his overall performance or how I rate him.

To say he doesn't have Mahrez's ball control is a fact.
The comparison was Doku vs Sane in terms of passing and goal scoring and I wanted to wait until the end of the year to judge.

Still a long way to go but some of his passing has been brilliant like the assist for Bernardo.

Obviously there is 0 comparison when it comes to Mahrez and ball control, that was never a discussion.

What does the amount of time u der Pep have to do with technique?

If I say his ball control is not as good as Mahrez's, so I have to wait for him to play 5 years under Pep too?

Mahrez's first touch was probably the best in the world, but Doku is a better dribbler and this involves ball control too. Plus Doku can shield the ball better due to his physical strength.

Mahrez's first touch was probably the best in the world, but Doku is a better dribbler and this involves ball control too. Plus Doku can shield the ball better due to his physical strength.
Yes I know that. I was simply making a point about judging skill. That you didn't have to wait a year to judge particular qualities.

The comparison was Doku vs Sane in terms of passing and goal scoring and I wanted to wait until the end of the year to judge.

Still a long way to go but some of his passing has been brilliant like the assist for Bernardo.

Obviously there is 0 comparison when it comes to Mahrez and ball control, that was never a discussion.
Nah, it was about passing and shooting technique which is totally different. Hence why I made the Mahrez point. You don't have to wait a year.

Like I've said many times about Doku, he is kinda like Halaand, he'll become a star because his strengths are so great that they overwhelm the weaknesses in his game.

Yesterday was an example of rhat

TAA was dribbled past 5 times yesterday. Against Luton.

I hope Pep is ruthless and targets him with Doku, the whole gameplan should be built around getting Doku isolated against him in 1v1 situations.
I still remember Kevin de Bruyne cutting in from the left flank and sailing past Trent like he wasn't there...to set up a goal at the Etihad few years back in our 5 goal win.

The player has spent far too long in the gym to properly carry out any full back responsibilities effectively ,too muscle bound to be nimble enough to jockey an attacking wide player or turn quickly...this is why he has been shunted into centre mid by Southgate so he can play the odd 40 yard ball from the centre and 'look good'

Doku v Trent?........" We have Great Expectations"

TAA was dribbled past 5 times yesterday. Against Luton.

I hope Pep is ruthless and targets him with Doku, the whole gameplan should be built around getting Doku isolated against him in 1v1 situations.
Klopp is not that stupid. Even against midtablw teams he protects him. Talk less playing City. Especially with a new exciting young dribbler.

I'll bet my house he is never left 1 v 1 vs Trent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.