11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doku is Riyad‘s replacement.

Yeah, but Palmer's chances would have still been more limited with us signing another attacking player. I know he's (Doku) competing largely with Grealish.

Doku is Riyad‘s replacement.
I keep hearing this but I don't understand why. Mahrez was non-dynamic and more about retaining the ball on the right wing and Doku is dynamic on the left wing, whilst also being ambidextrous. I don't understand the comparison.

The way he squares up to the defenders with pace is mad, he’s perfectly balanced while he’s doing it as well. If he works on his end product ever so slightly and releases the ball a bit quicker he’ll be world class. Could have easily had a several more assists with the amounts he’s been getting into the box.

Anyone got any stats for his chance creation?

When he signed this summer, I saw his interview and immediately felt that he was a player with extremely excellent qualities. Even though his first game was very restrained, I still have high confidence in him. And now, all I have to do is cross my heart and pray that he doesn't get hurt every time he holds the ball and attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.