11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Jack doesn't?

He was our best player versus Young Boys, then United, and again was one of our best last night.
We should all be at the point with recent games where either starting isn’t an issue. Both top quality in their own right and both massive pluses to the team.
Sadly the internet seldom looks at positives and someone has to be the fall guy.
The options we have atm in wide areas are absolutely top notch and offer different benefits to us and problems for the opponent.
Think I’m going to focus on that from now. The snide insinuations from posters who will never take to Grealish should just be ignored. Those posters must be happy to embarrass themselves so best leave them to it.

And Jack doesn't?

He was our best player versus Young Boys, then United, and again was one of our best last night.
Not over Doku. Jack had a very decent game against utd fair play to him. We kept getting him the ball one on one and sometimes even two on one in our favour with where Bernie played. We’ll never know but i’m fairly confident Doku would have destroyed them in those positions. He skinned them twice in the few minutes he was on. Sure they’ll both get plenty of games but after that performance last week Doku has to start somewhere on Sunday.

So, I guess he will win the PL Young player of the season and score more than 10 goals and 15+ assists in the PL.
Not sure if he will win award but I am sure he will quite easily hit those numbers and more.

So, I guess he will win the PL Young player of the season and score more than 10 goals and 15+ assists in the PL.

His goals/assists per minutes ratio this season is likely to be better than Sane's. Doku might fail to match Sane's stats from 17/18 due to being new to the team and the league and being rotated by Pep. But over the next few seasons his goal involvements are likely to trump Sane's.

Not over Doku. Jack had a very decent game against utd fair play to him. We kept getting him the ball one on one and sometimes even two on one in our favour with where Bernie played. We’ll never know but i’m fairly confident Doku would have destroyed them in those positions. He skinned them twice in the few minutes he was on. Sure they’ll both get plenty of games but after that performance last week Doku has to start somewhere on Sunday.

Guess Pep will start him at Chelsea as it doesn't make much sense to leave him on the bench for two games in a row after his performance last Saturday.

What is actually amazing is how City is managing Doku's fitness, I don't think he has enjoyed a period this long where he hasn't had at least a small niggle in the last three years or so. With the way he plays and how explosive his injury risk is always high so props to the City staff (and hopefully I haven't jinxed him lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.