11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, problem for Jack is those 'certain games' could become Luton and Bournemouth away or fa cup early rounds and games were Doku needs a rest.
That's true Jack needs to compete for that place with Doku, better than he is at the moment. Doku keeps raising the bar for Jack, although I do think Jack could play more central in midfield, he definitely has the ability.

Doku changed the dynamic and the tempo of the match when he came on.
Indeed he did. With two banks of five to play against and a two-goal deficit yer need a player demonstrates twinkle toes in tight places. Foden's goal was an example, but Jezer D seems to have the beating of any full back(s) he is up against. And they won't want to put a tackle in on the edge or inside the box. Perhaps Spurs could oblige on Sunday.

Indeed he did. With two banks of five to play against and a two-goal deficit yer need a player demonstrates twinkle toes in tight places. Foden's goal was an example, but Jezer D seems to have the beating of any full back(s) he is up against. And they won't want to put a tackle in on the edge or inside the box. Perhaps Spurs could oblige on Sunday.
Let's hope Spurs do David.

He's also a lot quicker and more direct than Jack. Certain games we need Doku other games we will need Jack.
I personally struggle to see a type of game in which Jack would be a better option.
Nah come on. I'm not fully on board with the Doku hype train and think he's got a lot to learn, more than some on here seem to think cos they're ready to dump Grealish for him already. But he put the shitters up Leipzig and got heavily involved in the third goal. He did what he was asked to do.
You'd struggle to find anyone who doesn't think he has a lot to learn. But that's neither here nor there. The issue however is that when he is on the field it is as clear as day that he has a more significant impact on the opposition from the left wide position. Than any other player we play there.

To analogize. One can note that Haaland has a lot to improve in terms of his headers, ball control, dribbling etc But yet still recognize that in spite of all those flaws he is significantly better a leading our attack than anyone else. And it's not interchangeable for different games simply because there are other strikers who are more technical, head the ball better or have better control.

We are ALWAYS better with Haaland leading the line no matter the opposition. Same is becoming invariably true of Doku. This is not to suggest he couldn't play poorly... (He can and will at times coz he has deficiencies)... But his overall effect on average is beginning to look significantly superior to those of anyone else out on the left flank.

That's all I and some are saying. Granted, one need not to hate on Jack to make this point.

I personally struggle to see a type of game in which Jack would be a better option.

You'd struggle to find anyone who doesn't think he has a lot to learn. But that's neither here nor there. The issue however is that when he is on the field it is as clear as day that he has a more significant impact on the opposition from the left wide position. Than any other player we play there.

To analogize. One can note that Haaland has a lot to improve in terms of his headers, ball control, dribbling etc But yet still recognize that in spite of all those flaws he is significantly better a leading our attack than anyone else. And it's not interchangeable for different games simply because there are other strikers who are more technical, head the ball better or have better control.

We are ALWAYS better with Haaland leading the line no matter the opposition. Same is becoming invariably true of Doku. This is not to suggest he couldn't play poorly... (He can and will at times coz he has deficiencies)... But his overall effect on average is beginning to look significantly superior to those of anyone else out on the left flank.

That's all I and some are saying. Granted, one need not to hate on Jack to make this point.
Your point is a good one at the moment . If Jack was playing as well as he did last season, then the decision to pick one or the other would be a harder one. As I pointed out in a later post he is more dynamic than Jack and attracts attention to himself everytime he had the ball and is very dangerous in possession. Of course he has a lot to learn but at moment he is a far better option than Grealish. Jack needs to up his game but it might be that he could move inside and help the team out in midfield I think he can do that.

Last edited:

Another thing to consider is that our fullbacks are not the most creative and we need a more direct threat on the wings.

If Foden or Kovacic hit form in midfield once KDB is back, Pep may play Bernardo on the right wing to complement Doku's directness.

Something like

------Stones-‐----Rodri

-------KDB-----‐-‐-Foden

Bernardo----------------Doku

---‐------------Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.