11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't great but I felt like no-one was making any runs when he had the ball. Alvarez did on Foden's goal, and he found him. Hopefully, the injury isn't anything serious.

I thought he was ineffective and lost the ball way too much, like against Chelsea. He allowed the 1v1 for their 1st goal as well. Otherwise, he is having an excellent season. I would still start Jack against the top half of the table and Jeremy against the bottom half.

Kid’s actually not fast.. he’s just got decent acceleration, so in essence only got an advantage in small distances… Grealish’s probably faster.
Official stats literally show Grealish is faster. You only needed to watch Jack against Salah last season to see how fast he is. The "Grealish is slow" narrative is bullshit because he plays so much "pausa" as instructed by Pep.

Son had Doku on toast today for Spurs first goal, beating Doku on pace. If that had been Jack in a foot race with Son, that goal doesn't happen.

I didn't actually see him get injured but someone around me suggested his hamstring had gone. That correct? Seemed unusually fairly reluctant to turn on full acceleration most of the game today so perhaps he was feeling it early on?

Unlucky with the shot that hit the post, all other top teams has at least 1 plsyer that cuts inside and can put one in the opposite corner, we are badly missing a player that can do that regularly so hopefully he's encouraged to do it more and can work on it.

Massive loss if hes out for any length of time, our entire attack right now is reliant on him doing something.

Not one of his best performances today but he's young and exciting and he'll learn. Unlucky not to score.
He’s electric but I think lacks experience. Same today as v Liverpool, got in some superb positions and had so much ball but didn’t really do anything with it. Unlucky with his shot. I think he’ll be dynamite but his end product is lacking for all the ball he gets. Maybe it’s just consistency cos he has done it.

Not worried though. It will click

He’s electric but I think lacks experience. Same today as v Liverpool, got in some superb positions and had so much ball but didn’t really do anything with it. Unlucky with his shot. I think he’ll be dynamite but his end product is lacking for all the ball he gets. Maybe it’s just consistency cos he has done it.

Not worried though. It will click
Yeah exactly. Think he has a lot of ability and he's got me off my seat loads this season but he doesn't quite know when to go and when to hold yet, and it just means we're suffering turnovers where we don't usually. But it's all about us rebuilding and learning how to play a new system isn't it. We've had lads leave this season who've been here for 5 or 6 years and blooded loads of new faces in at the same time. Gonna take time.

Was a frustrating as Grealish against Spuds , hardly ever tried to take the fullback on and played like Grealish keeping possession being his main concern , hope we do not coach the individuality out of him like we have with Grealish. Jack was a maverick type of player at Villa now he is part of structured team with responsibilites , he has become boring but effective , suspect Doku could go the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.