11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell but he needs a good season if he does stay.
The fact that he hasn’t featured in recent weeks suggests, to me, that he simply isn’t fit. How he can still be in contention for the Euros is beyond me. I agree that he needs a good season, but that is an expectation that I would level against de Bruyne, Haaland, and Stones, too. All four were firing on all cylinders in 22-23 but all four spluttered through 23-24.

Did more in a half than the rest of em put together. Possibly changed the course of his next season with that performance.

Next season needs to see Doku as the starting LW.

Stop with Gvardiol and/or Walker out wide, no where near the threat of a real winger.

Savio RW as well. Buy young dynamic wingers.

We have, usually, good goal scorers in the box.

Bit of a problem brewing for Guardiola. How can he effectively get Grealish and Doku into the same team? Doku can play on the right, true, but he’s also proven to be much more successful attacking on the left. It’s also a problem that we have both of our experienced wide men playing on the same side; I don’t really count Bernardo as a wide man. Next season, we’ll presumably have two players on the right but both will be less experienced.

MA JS RD JG
Rodri
Foden Grealish
RW? Doku
Haaland

Bernado adapted to CM from being an attacking midfielder after a couple of seasons. Grealish is strong, good work rate and keeps the ball better than anyone.

Bit of a problem brewing for Guardiola. How can he effectively get Grealish and Doku into the same team? Doku can play on the right, true, but he’s also proven to be much more successful attacking on the left. It’s also a problem that we have both of our experienced wide men playing on the same side; I don’t really count Bernardo as a wide man. Next season, we’ll presumably have two players on the right but both will be less experienced.
Grealish hasn’t warranted a place in the team, so Pep won’t see it as a problem. It’s not going to end well for Jack.

He was so good today as he has been on many occasions. I think he’s had a very good season (particularly for a Pep winger). I think the benefit outweigh the drawbacks and he offers far more than Grealish or Bernardo offer on the flanks.

The fact that our players actively look to Doku as the focus of our attacks shows just how impactful he is on that flank. Also have noticed improvements in his decision-making does not lose the ball anywhere near as often > his passing across the box is becoming another asset. Into Phil against West Ham (which he scored from) and again.

Shades of Vinicius Jr.

MA JS RD JG
Rodri
Foden Grealish
RW? Doku
Haaland

Bernado adapted to CM from being an attacking midfielder after a couple of seasons. Grealish is strong, good work rate and keeps the ball better than anyone.
Problem with that selection is that Rodri is still doing too much work. Neither Foden nor Grealish would offer enough heading in the other direction. We simply need a bigger squad of dependable players, each operating in the position they feel most comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.