11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Brilliant second half performance. It's just a shame the rest of the attack were all woeful to a man which meant we just had to keep feeding it him as our only hope of getting back in the game. They eventually triple marked him which made it extremely difficult for him, at that point we should have been looking for the space left by 3 people marking doku instead of giving it doku but nobody else had stopped shitting the bed to step up. He will have an incredible second season with us.

Literally the only player who looked interested. I like him

The star players are tired, both physically and mentally. Rodri went 74 games without a defeat, which is a record in the top European leagues.

But credit to Doku who I think is our most in form player. He's been fresh and brave. Benching him was *the* mistake yesterday.

Didn't like the way we constantly looked to get him on the ball at every opportunity tbh. Made us look predictable and like we'd run out of ideas elsewhere in attack. His goal should really have been saved as well.
He couldn't have given much more when he came on so it's not me digging him out at all, just a concern that we were too reliant on him creating something from nothing.
Well, as he’s the only one that’s great at going past people what did you expect? The amount of space he created for others against a completely parked bus was chalk and cheese compared to the first half.

We had a right sided attacker who doesn’t have any pace at all to attack his man unless he’s basically inside the box and too many players central. Doku was brilliant and if he’d started i doubt we lose that match. Bissaka as a footballer makes Walker look like Cafu but as a one v one defender he’s very good.Doku gave him a torrid time.

I like the look of Bobb but Pep rarely plays him, even late in games when we're winning comfortably.
Long long way from that to starting in this team under Pep
If that happens he will be off. It’s ridiculous just sitting on the bench game after game. Needs to be getting minutes, and would have preferred to see him putting in some effort than some others yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.