11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Couldn’t disagree more. Utd defended like fuck all first half too. The major differences 2nd half was we had a player capable of stretching them and beating the fullback and also had a centre back quick enough to beat them whenever they hoofed it forwards.

Did we even create a chance first half or even have any corners? We had enough chances to turn it around 2nd half but piss poor finishing and a bit of bad luck cost us. The difference between the 2 halves was night and day.
We'll agree to disagree. Its Sunday im not doing this to death all day. He was our main/only threat when he came on granted but utd handled it well I thought. Loads of inevitable pressure from us late in the game but too little too late.
First half I agree though was woeful, zero threat down either flank.

Utd achieved what they set out to. We didn't.

Great chances or half chances? And that's it after he got the ball in space time and time again after coming on?
Created all our best chances all but the Alvarez one. Fodens chance was a carbon copy of the one he scored against West Ham. Haalands on another day hits the roof of the net.

And as for the ‘got the ball in space time and time again’ he was always closed down by at least 2-3 United players.

You clearly have an agenda.

Didn't like the way we constantly looked to get him on the ball at every opportunity tbh. Made us look predictable and like we'd run out of ideas elsewhere in attack. His goal should really have been saved as well.
He couldn't have given much more when he came on so it's not me digging him out at all, just a concern that we were too reliant on him creating something from nothing.
1716721072825.png

Created all our best chances all but the Alvarez one. Fodens chance was a carbon copy of the one he scored against West Ham. Haalands on another day hits the roof of the net.

And as for the ‘got the ball in space time and time again’ he was always closed down by at least 2-3 United players.

You clearly have an agenda.
Agenda? Silly talk.

He was closed down because he was our only threat which is why our attack was predictable because we kept looking for him instead of attacking both flanks. I've not said he came on and was anonymous have I! Utd knew they could commit men to him because he was evidently our only threat and so largely they were able to nullify him except for a couple of chances.

He’s a brilliant player Doku, we can make him into our Vini Jr with time, he only turned 22 a couple days ago.

Defenders don’t know what to do with him, from a 1v1 position he’s the best I’ve ever seen.

Do any of his critics know how difficult it is to beat a fullback 1v1 from a standing start, there’s a reason you only see him doing it and nobody else.

The difference between the 2 halves was night and day.
I concur. The difference between the 2 halves was Doku taking the game by the scruff. Just unfortunate that Haaland can't finish his food, laid on the plate for him. The chances Doku created were wasted. :(

He’s a brilliant player Doku, we can make him into our Vini Jr with time, he only turned 22 a couple days ago.

Defenders don’t know what to do with him, from a 1v1 position he’s the best I’ve ever seen.

Do any of his critics know how difficult it is to beat a fullback 1v1 from a standing start, there’s a reason you only see him doing it and nobody else.
If we can get similar on the other side then we have got opposition defenders stretched all over the place. It’s easier to defend when we only have one capable of doing it,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.