11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad I can stop banging on about us needing a winger who can take his man on. Everything he gets on the ball you think something can happen and it often does. Very eager to see him get in tune with the players, seeing a little give and go and releasing him in behind the fullback is going to be lethal once we get that part of the game into our patterns.

I predict he will have a big enough impact this season to persuade pep to go out and get another pacy winger next summer and we prioritize that wing play over the more easily managed controlling wing play from the likes of grealish and bernardo that he currently favours.
That controlled football that won the treble?
Look, exciting football is great but let’s be honest it’s also the type of football that’s most likely to see is caught out and concede as the one against West Ham showed.
There’s a time and place for both types of winger, I personally don’t think that Pep will go all out attack anytime soon.

I'm so glad I can stop banging on about us needing a winger who can take his man on. Everything he gets on the ball you think something can happen and it often does. Very eager to see him get in tune with the players, seeing a little give and go and releasing him in behind the fullback is going to be lethal once we get that part of the game into our patterns.

I predict he will have a big enough impact this season to persuade pep to go out and get another pacy winger next summer and we prioritize that wing play over the more easily managed controlling wing play from the likes of grealish and bernardo that he currently favours.

"more easily managed controlling wing play from the likes of grealish and bernardo that he currently favours"

My goodness...

You are really a hater, aren't you? You just cannot help yourself to dig on our other wingers because they replaced you favorite Raz and seize every opportunity to attack them. You have been bitter ever since then.

Grealish gives us more control and is much better defensively. Doku is a direct threat. We now have 2 dynamite options on the left for different tests.
Which is the way we should all be looking at it. But football fans being football fans need to pit one against another for some reason.

The reason being they are stupid.

"more easily managed controlling wing play from the likes of grealish and bernardo that he currently favours"

My goodness...

You are really a hater, aren't you? You just cannot help yourself to dig on our other wingers because they replaced you favorite Raz and seize every opportunity to attack them. You have been bitter ever since then.
It started off shit, got a bit worse in the middle and ended poorly.

Really exiting to watch and high praise from Thierry Henry - “When you're one on one with him, there's only one thing left to do — pray.”

Really impressed with him so far - as soon as he picks up the ball 1v1 he gets me to the edge of my seat. Seems to have the fullback on toast more often than not. Though I must say as a player who looks lightening over 5 years he does seem to struggle over 20+! Maybe fitness but we had a few breakaway opportunities where he was nowhere to be seen.

That controlled football that won the treble?
Look, exciting football is great but let’s be honest it’s also the type of football that’s most likely to see is caught out and concede as the one against West Ham showed.
There’s a time and place for both types of winger, I personally don’t think that Pep will go all out attack anytime soon.
Yes. I didn't suggest one was useless did I? We can win the treble and still improve and adapt. Pep wouldn't remain here if he couldn't and it's his constant evolution that separates him from the rest. he's always a step ahead of the oppositions answer to last years tactics.

Far more teams now set up extremely narrow in 2 banks against us and basically give up the wings in favour of plugging the centre. Having wingers like doku who can go beyond players and be a danger coming in or from out wide are the natural answer to that increasingly common setup.

It's the opposition that's likely going to influence peps tactics the most and not what he prefers. The more teams do that, The more he will naturally lean towards a doku type as its the natural answer. I'm simply predicting doku will be a big enough success to make pep and txiki say we need a second similar option either to play together or as a alternative.

We didn't concede against West ham because the winger tried to beat a man, a player had a bad touch in the opponents half and despite having more than ample cover we defended poorly, that goal showed nothing other than some poor defending.

Really impressed with him so far - as soon as he picks up the ball 1v1 he gets me to the edge of my seat. Seems to have the fullback on toast more often than not. Though I must say as a player who looks lightening over 5 years he does seem to struggle over 20+! Maybe fitness but we had a few breakaway opportunities where he was nowhere to be seen.
Like Messi.

He has acceleration over a few yards, especially with the ball.

But in a full on sprint I’m sure he would lose to a few players on our team.

Yes. I didn't suggest one was useless did I? We can win the treble and still improve and adapt. Pep wouldn't remain here if he couldn't and it's his constant evolution that separates him from the rest. he's always a step ahead of the oppositions answer to last years tactics.

Far more teams now set up extremely narrow in 2 banks against us and basically give up the wings in favour of plugging the centre. Having wingers like doku who can go beyond players and be a danger coming in or from out wide are the natural answer to that increasingly common setup.

It's the opposition that's likely going to influence peps tactics the most and not what he prefers. The more teams do that, The more he will naturally lean towards a doku type as its the natural answer. I'm simply predicting doku will be a big enough success to make pep and txiki say we need a second similar option either to play together or as a alternative.

We didn't concede against West ham because the winger tried to beat a man, a player had a bad touch in the opponents half and despite having more than ample cover we defended poorly, that goal showed nothing other than some poor defending.
We conceded because he gave a loose ball away, didn’t track back and a cross with no pressure was headed in. Your version of that goal is bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.