11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty enjoyable to watch Doku today. He produced some goal opportunities through his own ability, as well as through team play.

Good signs of things to come offensively. ;)

Off the ball, he's going to have to work a lot harder here, though -- Pep will sort that out.

We conceded because he gave a loose ball away, didn’t track back and a cross with no pressure was headed in. Your version of that goal is bollocks.
Did you watch it? Seriously, go watch that goal again because you're talking out of your arse and i can only assume youre mis-remebering it.

We lost possession not because our winger tried taking a man on. It was through a poor touch in the opposition half, which could have been anyone. When we lost it, we had 6 players behind the ball at the time to cover their 3 attackers and half a pitch to do so, that's plenty of cover to deal with it. it was poor defending and absolutely nothing to do with the type of winger we had on the pitch as you seem to be claiming.

Maybe well see Grealish tucking into the middle more than Foden? In any case once Doku plays I'm happy.

...............Ederson...........
......Stones Dias Ake......
................Rodri...............
.... Kovacic.. Grealish.....
Foden ... Alvarez .. Doku
............. Haaland ...........

My meaning was the need to develop his in game decisions. When to attack the byline/space and when to cut back and recycle the ball.

At the moment, Doku is doing too much of the former, whereas Grealish does too much of the latter.
Well put. I might be guilty of using the term ‘raw’ when describing him but its purely based on his decision making. He will improve vastly the more he works with Pep. Twice tonight and at times during the previous games, he rushed a pass and kicked it straight out of play. He clearly has fantastic attacking attributes but still has so much experience to gain.

Maybe well see Grealish tucking into the middle more than Foden? In any case once Doku plays I'm happy.

...............Ederson...........
......Stones Dias Ake......
................Rodri...............
.... Kovacic.. Grealish.....
Foden ... Alvarez .. Doku
............. Haaland ...........
This will be Nunes. Grealish will be left and Doku right

Pretty enjoyable to watch Doku today. He produced some goal opportunities through his own ability, as well as through team play.

Good signs of things to come offensively. ;)

Off the ball, he's going to have to work a lot harder here, though -- Pep will sort that out.
He is really poor off the ball. You can tell he simply hasn't ever played on a team where he had serious defensive responsibilities.

You can tell his brain gets its different here and he needs to hustle back at this level. But his body simply doesn't respond well to chasing backwards.

He is really poor off the ball. You can tell he simply hasn't ever played on a team where he had serious defensive responsibilities.

You can tell his brain gets its different here and he needs to hustle back at this level. But his body simply doesn't respond well to chasing backwards.
He’ll have to improve his fitness levels another notch. I think a year should be ample time for him to adjust to the demands here at City. Let’s hope it’s less than that amount of time, though, if possible!

I have good feelings about this signing.

Did you watch it? Seriously, go watch that goal again because you're talking out of your arse and i can only assume youre mis-remebering it.

We lost possession not because our winger tried taking a man on. It was through a poor touch in the opposition half, which could have been an the rest is shite and yone. When we lost it, we had 6 players behind the ball at the time to cover their 3 attackers and half a pitch to do so, that's plenty of cover to deal with it. it was poor defending and absolutely nothing to do with the type of winger we had on the pitch as you seem to be claiming.
Yeah i watched it, I didn't say he tried taking a man on I said he gave a loose ball away and they scored within 3 touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.