11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already my favourite player. Although I can't truthfully say that when there are so many to love.
Really ?? I think people are going way over the top, he's barely played 3 games and everyone thinks he's the new Messi, yes he looks exciting but football is littered with supposedly WORLD BEATERS, the RAGS have one EVERY YEAR, I'll reserve my judgement, but yes SO FAR so good...

Just had the chance to catch up on the Inside City welcome to Manchester story on Jeremy’s arrival (On YouTube).

Yet again City have discovered a great talent who is also a genuinely nice guy. I can understand why City place such an importance on character. In a dressing room over a long season it can make the world of difference. A good contrast is the rabble down the road who constantly find the most unlikeable players imaginable.

So well done Txiki and co! You’ve found another potential gem!

Sense being spoken.

Why can’t some people just appreciate Doku without bringing Grealish into it? It’s really odd.

Doku was bought with the RW spot in mind with Mahrez having left and Foden moving to the middle. He’s only been playing so many minutes on the left because Grealish is injured.

Really looking forward to seeing both of them on each wing, what a great balance that will be.

Agreed but in that case, Jack will need to learn to be able to play on the right wing too IMO.

Doku having the ability to cut inside from the left and score (West Ham) is too big of a deal to ignore.

Really ?? I think people are going way over the top, he's barely played 3 games and everyone thinks he's the new Messi, yes he looks exciting but football is littered with supposedly WORLD BEATERS, the RAGS have one EVERY YEAR, I'll reserve my judgement, but yes SO FAR so good...

76k5.gif

He's fucking electric, isn't he? As soon as he stands up a defender then you know it's over for them. And the strength he shows to stop them getting back at him is brilliant.

Really exciting to watch and he's going to bag a shit load of assists once Erling finds his shooting boots.

My only gripe is that his fitness needs to improve. He was blowing out of his arse yesterday towards the end.

He's fucking electric, isn't he? As soon as he stands up a defender then you know it's over for them. And the strength he shows to stop them getting back at him is brilliant.

Really exciting to watch and he's going to bag a shit load of assists once Erling finds his shooting boots.

My only gripe is that his fitness needs to improve. He was blowing out of his arse yesterday towards the end.

was just about to post the same mate! Absolutely electric off the mark but when he had gone past the defender and had open field didnt seem able to burst away and didnt look that quick in a straight line? Absolutely brilliant start for him at the club though and hopefully improved fitness will lead to him being able to sprint away into open field

He looked on fire last night, we've always needed that player who can drive the ball into the box. Mahrez didn't really play like that and Grealish is more there to keep the ball, Nunes looks similar.

Doku gives us a different edge, he looks a much improved version of Sterling, happy to shoot and happy to take on defenders.

We conceded because he gave a loose ball away, didn’t track back and a cross with no pressure was headed in. Your version of that goal is bollocks.
Please watch the footage again. Doku tracked back and was in our box when they scored.
He just wasn't fast enough to catch Coufal.

He was mentioned to us when Vinnie was at Anderlecht so he's not really a three game wonder. He's tricky, he can hold the ball, he can beat defenders with barely a foot of pitch to play with. It is early days, but he's the sort of player who makes watching football so delightful - and he's ours.

He’s so raw. He does some things as well as anyone I’ve ever seen, the way he slows down to walking pace then explodes past his man is incredible. Then the times where he’s doubled up on, he seems to understand already that if he delays, slows down, he is drawing two players towards him and he can then play a simple pass to a team mate who can exploit the space he has created by merely being on the ball.

However, at other times it’s like he can’t actually kick a ball where he wants to! He’s also a problem defensively as he leaves his side wide open too often and for all his explosive pace in attack, his pace getting back seems very unreliable so far. So I think he gets dipped into the team now and then, but I don’t expect too much from him right now. I think Pep will want to sort out a few things on the training pitch before Doku becomes a regular starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.