11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was our best forward player. It'd help if players around him offered a bit of support.. rather than standing around whilst he has 2 players man marking him.

Most shots(6)
Most chances created(4)
Same amount of take ons as rest of the team combined(6)

Give me that performance over any of the other forwards, every day of the week

I take your point on board. He has shown nothing but positive signs of great potential thus far, but I would still prefer Grealish in the big games right now. Of course, Grealish has been poor against Newcastle (after his injury) and had a short cameo today...
Opinions mate. I respect your opinion.

For me I see Doku as one of the most exciting players we have signed for a long time. Even today when he wasn’t great he was still our most positive player by far!

Opinions mate. I respect your opinion.

For me I see Doku as one of the most exciting players we have signed for a long time.
Even today when he wasn’t great he was still out most positive player.
We can agree here. I think he is an upgrade on both Sterling and Sane, and it's not even close. When it's all said and done, he has the potential to be one of our all time greats (if he avoids injuries). An isanely talented lad. Him, Gvardiol, Rodri, Dias, Foden, Haaland and Alvarez will be like Kompany, Toure, Zabaleta, Silva and Aguero for us in the future. We have lost the battle today, but we will win the war long-term ;).

He wasn't shit but he's certainly raw. Maybe everyone will appreciate what Grealish brings to us a bit more now.
I certainly appreciate what Grealish brings when he was subbed on and he lost the ball several times, pass it back a ton of times and produced 0 danger.

Doku made some mistakes, but he was the only attacking threat in the game. Are we going to criticize the only guy who tried something?

He was trying his best and look a threat on various occasions but 20 possesions lost is way too much

We can agree here. I think he is an upgrade on both Sterling and Sane, and it's not even close. When it's all said and done, he has the potential to be one of our all time greats (if he avoids injuries). An isanely talented lad. Him, Gvardiol, Rodri, Dias, Foden, Haaland and Alvarez will be like Kompany, Toure, Zabaleta, Silva and Aguero for us in the future. We have lost the battle today, but we will win the war long-term ;).
Upgrade on Sane don’t make me laugh. You are joking I assume

Great dribbler but one word comes to fore, raw. He’s got the ingredients but still so much things for him to learn and improve upon.

Admirably, he was one of the few who were trying to make things happen despite losing the ball.

He was our best forward player. It'd help if players around him offered a bit of support.. rather than standing around whilst he has 2 players man marking him.

Most shots(6)
Most chances created(4)
Same amount of take ons as rest of the team combined(6)

Give me that performance over any of the other forwards, every day of the week
I thought the balance was slightly off in his performance today, but he was still by far our most dangerous player throughout the 90. If there's an issue, it's with the change in the way we play with Doku in the side, rather than with Doku himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.