11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a great prospect, but he has a long way to go. Nowhere near ready to start every week. As others have already said, he needs to work on his end product.

He is a great prospect, but he has a long way to go. Nowhere near ready to start every week. As others have already said, he needs to work on his end product.
So based on one performance where the whole team was way of it he shouldn’t be starting?

Which Manchester City attacker was better than Doku today?

I would say not one of them.

This lad has a long way to go but he has time on his side. He like others were not great today

Hard going for him today. No way that Ake could go beyond him (he was stretched defensively), so Doku was quite easily stymied. He also faced 3 defensive players at times, and the support from midfield was sporadic and often ill-judged.

So based on one performance where the whole team was way of it he shouldn’t be starting?

Which Manchester City attacker was better than Doku today?

I would say not one of them.
I take your point on board. He has shown nothing but positive signs of great potential thus far, but I would still prefer Grealish in the big games right now. Of course, Grealish has been poor against Newcastle (after his injury) and had a short cameo today. Nevertheless, if everyone is fit, I still see Doku as an impact sub, not an immediate starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.