11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

The slight issue with that is that Doku could go past Coufal whilst dribbling the ball, yet wasn’t quick enough to catch him defensively. That can’t be logically right, can it?

You can see after West Ham score that he looks up to the sky. He knew.
Welcome to the Premier League, where a single mistake like that in the opponents half, ends up with the ball in your net.

Doesn't probably happen too often in France, but he'll learn from that quickly I'd imagine.

The slight issue with that is that Doku could go past Coufal whilst dribbling the ball, yet wasn’t quick enough to catch him defensively. That can’t be logically right, can it?

If two players are the same speed..the player that shifts first will always win the foot race.

Absolutely. Hence his “rawness”.

I'm not sure it was rawness it was just a lack of desire to win the ball back. He was trotting back initially, before then putting in a bit more effort to close him as he saw the danger. He now knows he can't get away with it. And low and behold he ran his arse off to track back last night late on in the game.

I'm not sure it was rawness it was just a lack of desire to win the ball back. He was trotting back initially, before then putting in a bit more effort to close him as he saw the danger. He now knows he can't get away with it. And low and behold he ran his arse off to track back last night late on in the game.
I’m not sure where this need from a lot of people has come from to not describe someone as raw. It’s not meant to be an insult, merely suggesting he’s young and he has stuff to improve on.

The rawness is in his brain. He doesn’t think immediately that he needs to win the ball back asap. That’ll change, I call it rawness. You call it what you want. :-)

I’m not sure where this need from a lot of people has come from to not describe someone as raw. It’s not meant to be an insult, merely suggesting he’s young and he has stuff to improve on.

The rawness is in his brain. He doesn’t think immediately that he needs to win the ball back asap. That’ll change, I call it rawness. You call it what you want. :-)
It’s racist to call a player raw apparently.
Strange world we live in.

He may have a lot to learn about playing for Pep but tell me a recent player that didn't. Both Grealish & Rodri took time to learn the system. The thing I like about Doku is hes not a one trick pony. He's got a number of different techniques to beat a player and then there's his pace to add to it.

Its very early days and people are right to not get carried away, but he seems like a sensible down to earth guy who is willing to learn and adapt, which is a lot more than can be said for most players. Particularly in forward positions most of the players out there want to be highly individualistic to the detriment of the team and then get the huff on when they are told to reign it in or adapt, I dont get those vibes with Doku.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.