11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Seemed to make it his priority to chase everything today in thr short time he was on, I think that bollocking has sunk in.

Would like to see him on the right more as a natural winger when teams set up like brentford today with a very narrow and compact low back 5.

the space is always out wide. Having a winger cutting inside and shooting can work if we isolate that side and it's done quickly enough before the centre backs can support the fullback and get blocks in, but the best option is often the winger down the outside on his favoured foot.

him going to the byline and finding the right balls either for haaland powering in to the 6 yard box or players on the edge can give us a highly productive method of beating these setups.

Didn't really see it today because the game was won and wasn't neccesary but we did get a glimpse when he did exactly what I described for kdbs half volleyed attempt wide.

Didn’t think it was a great move to put him on and whilst he chased hard, he gave the ball away with most touches allowing transitions for Brentford.
One really good pull back for Kev though.

Really want him on the right more often now Phil's gone central. Was very good last night.

Didn’t think it was a great move to put him on and whilst he chased hard, he gave the ball away with most touches allowing transitions for Brentford.
One really good pull back for Kev though.
I did, really positive sub he was about to make whilst still 2-1. Attack attack attack

He was very good up until the decisive action. It’s becoming a common theme. His cross completion stats must make for really poor reading. Love watching him go past his full back but his end product needs serious work.

He was very good up until the decisive action. It’s becoming a common theme. His cross completion stats must make for really poor reading. Love watching him go past his full back but his end product needs serious work.
I feel thats a bit harsh. From memory, there were a few low crosses that beat the first man that could easily have been tapped in at the near post but were eventually cleared. I thought he had a good game, just was unlucky with the conversion of his chances

In compiling the cross completion stats, don’t forget to factor in the number of times Doku beat his man and delivered a ball which was cleared off or intercepted because the incoming attacker couldn’t get to the ball ahead of the defending player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.