11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Frustrating at best.

Bizarre buy from the club as they usually go for players with more control, who don't give the ball away too often.

His frustrating performances are compounded by Palmer doing so well.

Last edited:
He's had better cameos even though 10 mins or so is limited time to do anything.

I think he needs a midfield partner to unlock some of his game. An example of what I'm trying to say is David Silva occupying the left sided pocked got the best out of Sterling (and Sane to a lesser degree), Gundogan in that pocket for the best out of Grealish during the treble season.

For example, Rico does that a bit on the right side pocket with Savio (and Bobb in preseason) in the limited time they've played together. Foden doesn't have that profile, neither does Kevin (when he's back). Gundo doesn't have the protection of Rodri to do that like the treble year.

He's had better cameos even though 10 mins or so is limited time to do anything.

I think he needs a midfield partner to unlock some of his game. An example of what I'm trying to say is David Silva occupying the left sided pocked got the best out of Sterling (and Sane to a lesser degree), Gundogan in that pocket for the best out of Grealish during the treble season.

For example, Rico does that a bit on the right side pocket with Savio (and Bobb in preseason) in the limited time they've played together. Foden doesn't have that profile, neither does Kevin (when he's back). Gundo doesn't have the protection of Rodri to do that like the treble year.
Im not sure it would make that much difference IMO. The major difference between Doku and the likes of Sane and Sterling is pace. Silva etc could play it inside the full back for Sane or Sterling to run on to. Can’t do that with Doku, he simply isn’t quick enough. He has to have the ball into feet and stand up the full back, that’s why even when we see him yards in front of the defender, he often slows it back down to walking pace and the defender can get back into position.

Credit to Howe, he pre-planned for our change by starting Trippier and bringing Livramento on. Meant Doku wasn't up against tired legs and didn't have much impact. Thought Pep would have been better bringing on Savinho earlier but leaving Jack on the pitch.

Im not sure it would make that much difference IMO. The major difference between Doku and the likes of Sane and Sterling is pace. Silva etc could play it inside the full back for Sane or Sterling to run on to. Can’t do that with Doku, he simply isn’t quick enough. He has to have the ball into feet and stand up the full back, that’s why even when we see him yards in front of the defender, he often slows it back down to walking pace and the defender can get back into position.
I think Doku is probably as quick in the initial 5-10 meters but I agree his long speed is not good. I also agree he's a ball dominant player. I wonder how he best fits. He's a chaotic player with a unique skill set but a skill set that wouldn't thrive against packed, organized defenses.

I think Doku is probably as quick in the initial 5-10 meters but I agree his long speed is not good. I also agree he's a ball dominant player. I wonder how he best fits. He's a chaotic player with a unique skill set but a skill set that wouldn't thrive against packed, organized defenses.
He has great acceleration but cannot sustain it for more than a few yards. He is chaotic, some weeks he will be unplayable and other weeks unwatchable. I think he’s one of those that will always divide opinions.

Big fan of this lad but my word he needs to toughen up and quickly, pulling out of challenges and does not like to be roughed up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.