11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Based on the cameo from Savinho, he has about 5 games to produce some end product or he will be relegated to an impact sub. It is baffling how he can create so little with the positions he gets in at times.

If you could transplant Kevin's brain into him at the vital moment he would get 30 assists a season.
Not with Grealish as his competition, lol.

He wasn't NEARLY as bad as some 'fans' are saying... Worked his ass off. Got the ball upfield all game. You can't leave him 1v1, which opens up that pass to KDB or whoever's in that left half-space.
Some "fans" are entitled to call what they see, as you are.

Never said he was shite, never said his performance was shite. He was mostly sensational today especially second half. The fact he's so good and so dangerous is what makes it so frustrating when he fluffs the final ball as sloppily as he does at times, because he gets himself into great positions constantly through his own industry, pace and skill. That last bit is so erratic though. I just want to see him tidy that side of his game up a bit. Not too much to ask.

As i say though mostly he was tremendous today.

First half he seemed a bit wasteful especially on the right. His action on the left led to the first goal. Second half was really good, I thought. Really good outlet, opened up space, made runs.

If he sorts out his decision making / final ball he'll be one of the best in the world
You can't teach that - either you've got it or you don't. That's exactly why I'm saying we need to buy players who are smart, intelligent, pass well, think quickly, and have fast reaction times. If we don't have KDB, we won't get far with players at Doku's level. That's why we can't make mistakes in the transfer window and buy some colorless, odorless nobody.

His final ball was poor apart from that inside pass to Silva which led to the first goal, but can't question his efforts today, ran his socks off and was a constant threat, and his ability to draw fouls was extremely useful late on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.