#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the face of it we will be looking to buy for 3 positions in the summer to replace Mendy at left back, Aguero at striker and Fernandinho at number 6. I'd be interested to know whether Pep would trust him in that number 6 back up role to Rodri while offering us that cover at left back. The lack of aerial ability and physicality could cost him

Will always be a squad player , a vast improvement on the present Mendy

I think the only problem with that is that we'd find it much easier to find a buyer for Zinchenko than for Mendy. Going off what they've shown on the pitch though, you're right in which one should be staying
We might have to loan him for a year. I don't see the point of keeping Mendy another year. It's clear that Pep doesn't rate him/has given up on him. Similar to Stones when Ferna was playing ahead of him at CB.

And it's very unlikely that Mendy will pull a Stones like revival.

I struggle with Zinchenko. He’s decent enough and technically good. I get he’s playing in an unnatural position but..

He seems to slow the play. When he come inside and receives the ball from centre halves, he’s not on the turn but facing them, and has his back to the left sided forward. He impeded passes to Foden to the extent of him being redundant for parts of the game. His confidence isn’t in line with his ability and some of his passing causes breakdowns of attacks. I get everyone does to some degree, but he tries to force it at time. If he’s going to make it, it will be at left back so he needs to learn what it takes instead of playing like he’s doing us a favour,

I think the only problem with that is that we'd find it much easier to find a buyer for Zinchenko than for Mendy. Going off what they've shown on the pitch though, you're right in which one should be staying
Agreed, that says it all... as other people have the said the priority is making sure the squad has the best player possible, the financial implications come second (Mendy signing has already been a disaster anyway, there’s no changing that now!)

Agreed, that says it all... as other people have the said the priority is making sure the squad has the best player possible, the financial implications come second (Mendy signing has already been a disaster anyway, there’s no changing that now!)
It's ok writing off the financial implications of it but there's the squad limitations to factor in. Mendy probably won't be able to get the same wages where ever he goes so there's no incentive for him to leave. If he doesn't go that means we can't bring someone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.