#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest compliment i can pay Zinchenko is wheh he used to be named in the team i thought he was the weak link and a decent winger would murder him , but when he is named in the team now i don't bat an eyelid because he has worked hard and developed into a fairly steady defender.
There is always at least one player who is underestimated , he is the current one , battled hard to learn a new position and to stay and get the shirt , i have nothing but respect for the kid

There is always at least one player who is underestimated , he is the current one , battled hard to learn a new position and to stay and get the shirt , i have nothing but respect for the kid

i dont think City fans underestimate him looking at some of the compliments on here , but the media and pundits certainly do , he has gone under the radar and never gets any plaudits in after match player ratings etc., he usually geta 6/10 and rarely a 7/10 and he is better than that , he is as good if not better than Robertson, Chilwell , Shaw and a few others at the moment.

i dont think City fans underestimate him looking at some of the compliments on here , but the media and pundits certainly do , he has gone under the radar and never gets any plaudits in after match player ratings etc., he usually geta 6/10 and rarely a 7/10 and he is better than that , he is as good if not better than Robertson, Chilwell , Shaw and a few others at the moment.
Technically better than all of them but doesn’t have some of the physical attributeS and on his day Robertson is very dangerous (the snide c*nt). I still would like us to have another great left back so there is decent competition as there is for Cancelo/Walker.

Cancelos going what he’s doing at 26 where’s Zina is still only 24 and plenty of time to improve. However I’m not sure I would want two inverted wingbacks as far up as Cancelo goes as we might be a bit exposed.

When he plays, we have a natural left side to our team, which means the ball can go out wide or come inside; if Cancelo plays there, we don’t have that oprion, and if Mendy plays there, he isn’t comfortable enough in possession to play inside. The more we keep possession, the less defending we have to do, and the more comfortable Zinchenko appears.

More is asked of him than any other LB in the league. There are other good LBs, but their job is typically, stay wide, run up and down that touchline all game, and try and get some crosses in. Its all very simple. What our FBs have to do is levels above, and he is executing it perfectly, in the best side in the Prem. However, when the TOTY is announced, he wont even get a look in as the LB choice. It will be a toss up between Robertson and fatty at United.
Are you suggesting he might be flying below Garth Crookes’ radar?

Wasn’t Zina’s fault for the West Ham goal either. It was our throw in so he pushed over to take on the inverted full back rope infront of the back four while the West Ham winger had come inside. If Sergio keeps that there’s no problem with Zina being there as Cancelo would if he had been playing. It’s actually the full back who runs from his own half who Torres fails to track and then eventually gives up on. Lingard gets the pass away which Kev should’ve stopped. Zina comes across and the ball goes through his legs which he should’ve stopped but the ball should never get there from our throw in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.