#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be happy to lose Zinchenko in the summer.. He's been a big part in our winning run and been MOtM at least once and close to being several times. Mendy should make way for any new LB, not Zinchenko!

Could be the case that Zinchenko would be easier to offload than a injury prone, expensive Mendy. In more simple terms, Mendy isn’t going nowhere as no one will go near him.

They are forgetting the fact we have mendy to shift , he is surely going before zinchy , i would be very annoyed if we sold the kid
Trouble is, it's likely that we will not be able to sell Mendy.

I'd like Zinchenko to stay as a backup utility player - capable of filling in at LB or maybe midfield to give starters a rest or to fill in for an injury. And I think that Zinchenko is satisfied with that role.

We need to keep Zinchenko so that when our next plan A inevitably fails because he's too injury-prone/can't defend/can't play on the left, Zinchenko can come back into the team around January and save our form again.

We need to keep Zinchenko so that when our next plan A inevitably fails because he's too injury-prone/can't defend/can't play on the left, Zinchenko can come back into the team around January and save our form again.
Ake too is now in a similar backup/utility role. So if we shift Zinchenko, it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, I'm cetain that Ake is talented enough to start at CB in most sides - he'll likely want to transfer given our depth at CB.

If we had a perfect squad, with perfect depth, with no players with age and/or injuries to worry about, then maybe Zinchenko would be someone you'd look to sell to make the squad that bit better with an upgrade.

But that's not the case, so selling Zinchenko doesn't really make too much sense. We have other priorities.

The downside of Zinchenko's progress is he is within a lot of football clubs budgets , his wages are probably below average 40/50k a week , his fee will be under £25m so he is a very sought after players, invariaby we would prefer to get rid of Mendy but the club will want the lions share of the fee and his wages will be north of £100k a week.
Not sure of Zinchenko's contract situation but we need him to re-sign asap , he is the future of the club , as for Mendy i would loan him out as long as we can find someone else daft enough to pay his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.