#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of Zinchenko. Have been for quite some time.

What I like most about him is how he uses his experience and cleverness from his Fernandinho-role with the Ukrainian national team in small spaces. He seems very relaxed at finding solutions and openings. Hardly ever panics.

The biggest plus on Mendy is that Zinchenko actually makes players around him tick and therefore look better.

The biggest plus on Cancelo is that Zinchenko is actually a lefty.
One aspect he can improve though is to be more of a goal threat.

Me too. He embodies everything fans wants from their players. How often does it happen where a player nearly leaves two summers in a row, only to choose to stay, to fight and ultimately to become the undisputed best at the club in his position? It’s so easy to just leave once City made it clear they are happy with the offer on the table. You are being told you are dispensable. To take that on the chin, bear no grudges, support and encourage the squad whilst out of favour, never complain, work harder than ever and then become a key player.... the guy is a fucking hero, an inspiration. I love him.
Spot on mate , great attitude , he backed himself and it’s paid off , great to see , I hope he’s out left back for many years to come .
He’s done amazing even becoming a lb really when you consider he was a winger when we bought him .
Credit to him and pep for that .

The most bizarre Etihad Player of the Month nominees on the City website I’ve ever seen.

Completely ignoring our actual best players, Oleks being one of them, but not on the shortlist.

Great result against the world champions. It can only improve his confidence (which is already high).

I only caught about 20 mins but he looked to be playing midfield (and a bit lost in truth) and his team were very much on the backfoot and getting the run around.

So yeah,to gain a point was clearly a great result.

I only caught about 20 mins but he looked to be playing midfield (and a bit lost in truth) and his team were very much on the backfoot and getting the run around.
Watched the whole match. He did have a bad spell where Kante picked his pocket a coupla times and he clumsily gifted an assist to Griezmann, but other than that he was solid as heck. He and the left back did a good job stifling Coman and he was a big part of Ukraine managing 45% of the possession for most* of the match with his ability to transition the ball thru the French press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.