13 May 2012: Aguero + Tyler's commentary

The most iconic commentary moment in English football since, ‘some people are on the pitch, they think it’s all over… it is now’.
O yes, absolutely a great moment. I've been looking for sometime for a remastered audio of this commentary. Does anyone know if it exists?

I only ever watched the whole game back once. I hated every second of the second half up until injury time (barring the Barton red card)

It made me relive the frustration and utter depression I’d got to by the 85th minute. The euphoria of it happening in replay wasn’t as high as it was live and didn’t justify me feeling that low again.

The documentaries about it are much better,

Yes I have watched it back once it was a horrible feeling, depressing. It brought back all the emotions of frustration and desperation. The team with the best home record playing the team with the worst away record and losing to ten men. Much better to turn it on at the 90th minute.

Greatest moment in sport I have seen or ever will see. I watched the video the next day and 12 years later still recite the commentary word for word from "Manchester City are still alive here ..." at least once a week, usually in silence in my head but not always.

Greatest moment in sport I have seen or ever will see. I watched the video the next day and 12 years later still recite the commentary word for word from "Manchester City are still alive here ..." at least once a week, usually in silence in my head but not always.
I actually said it in injury time against Arsenal the other week in my seat.

It's great looking back but at the game it was bloody torture once QPR went 2-1 ahead. A bloody horrible day except for the five minutes of injury time. I've mentioned this on other posts about that day, but it was like watching the game in black and white and it exploding into the most glorious colour once Aguero's shot hit the back of the net. Total euphoria and a high that lasted all summer.
We kinda got away with it that day. It was, on the whole, an underwhelming performance. I'm guessing the occasion got to quite a few of the team. No one was particularly shit, they were just meh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.