13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

I have to admit I did.

I threw my chewing gum on the floor lol.

My lowest point in my life, I said to my Dad "At full time I just wanna go". I don't know if I would have done, I've never not stayed at the end of the season for the lap, but for me to say it I felt dirty. It troubles me to the day and I'll never forgive myself for saying it.

Then Dzeko scored...

I was trying to stop my 7 year old from crying - think that helped me stop too.

When Edin scored, like many others, I didn't move until the lad next me to said, "that was Horlock, now we need Dickov" ......... I still didn't believe until the ball hit the back of the net.

Thank god for the family stand end, where would we be without it?

Also, Caveman mentions reaction to goals. When Agueroooooooooooo scored, I stood up, very, very calm, hugged my boy and hugged my mate and that was it. Weirdest feeling ever (I went more mental away to Oxford when scored our 4th after being 2 down!).

I know it seems odd, but I just had an overwhelming sense of calmness. Fucking oddest thing ever as I expected I would have jumped so high as to end up 35 rows further forward or summat?

I was just stood rooted to the spot from about 80 mins my sister was talking to me but I was just in a world of my own surrounded by 47,000 people, when Edin scored I just came back too life then started thinking this is on, then it happened and I just picked my sister up, fucked my back up (shes 15 and although skinny still a lot heavier than the last time I picked her up) nearly crushed her in a bear hug and celebrated like a fucker through the pain

strongbowholic said:
Also, Caveman mentions reaction to goals. When Agueroooooooooooo scored, I stood up, very, very calm, hugged my boy and hugged my mate and that was it. Weirdest feeling ever (I went more mental away to Oxford when scored our 4th after being 2 down!).

I know it seems odd, but I just had an overwhelming sense of calmness. Fucking oddest thing ever as I expected I would have jumped so high as to end up 35 rows further forward or summat?

I went utterly mental when Sergio scored. Every last person around me lost it, including the stewards.

I'd spent the previous 10 minutes in a state of depression, convinced we'd just fucked it all up royally and dreading the avalanche of Twitter/Facebook United clowns I'd need to deal with for the next few months. The bloke next to me, to his credit, kept saying "it's not over yet" whilst his daughter and her mate were in floods of tears. I'm not sure whether he genuinely believed it or simply couldn't bring himself to contemplate anything else at that stage. I didn't have a tantrum, but I was certainly convinced it was over, that we'd achieved the unthinkable, and lost to the worst away side in the league to throw away the title. When Dzeko scored I didn't go mental, although clearly I celebrated. However I just had this feeling that we'd get another chance, one more opportunity to score. From my seat in Block 109 I was directly behind Aguero when he stepped past Taiwo, in that brief second before he struck the ball I KNEW he'd score, I was leaping to celebrate as he hit it, it just seemed inevitable to me. There were floods of tears around me again, but for entirely different reasons this time. I haven't got kids. I'm not married. That moment was the best moment of my entire life. Something truly spectacular is going to have to happen for that to ever change.

Numbness more than scarf-bashing tantrums. It was the first time I ever truly understood the meaning of the phrase 'my heart was in my boots'. I then wondered if I could actually go to bed and stay there for a month.

One more thing: the thought of not winning it still makes me feel sick to contemplate today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.