14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't play a Left back anymore. We play a Left sided CB
I guess our formation is non classical and you can define players in different ways. personally i think Ake plays a bit wider and goes further forward than how I think of what a left centre back does, and more akin to how a classic left back plays though I do agree that our formation is not clasical. Anyway I hope you're right and Laporte does the job well if Ake is out for a bit.

He will do the job well, I have no concerns. He is a world-class player, extremely reliable and 100% dedicated to us. He has proved that on multiple occasions. He will be our rock, no doubt about it. Ake has been nothing short of spectacular this season, and I know Laporte was out of the team for a while, but he has proven himself on the biggest of stages over the years. Long story short, Saka will be in his pockets next week.

I would LOVE to keep him here long-term, I hope he stays.

Last edited:
I genuinely believe the scousers would have had 2 PL’s and potentially a quadruple (who knows what would have happened if they had won the league), if not for Laporte at the end of last season.

Played through the pain and was injured early in this season as a consequence.

May not be all roses this season, but we have a lot to thank him for.
I always have liked Laporte the player but his biggest weakness was sometimes he did not like the physical side and could go missing but the end of last season put that to bed completely.

He turned out in our shirt with a serious knee injury and got us over the line to win the title, an incredible effort.

Sadly I think he will depart this summer, but he has proved to be a class CB and wonderful player in our shirt.

His first start for a while and was his usual composed self , you can understand his frustration at lack of game time , he would walk into any other team in europe , but our central defensive options are ridiculous.
It will be his decision to move , Pep doesnt keep unhappy players , but maybe he should look at a player like Sterling before deciding , do you want to play 30 games for potentially the best team in europe , or play 60 games and possibly win f*ck all ?
Would prefer Laporte to stay , he is a class act and will always be in the match day squad when fit.

Quite often in a season a players come into a side late in the season for some reason - injury to a team mate being a common one - and makes a telling contribution to the winning of trophies, perhaps Laporte will be one of those guys this season.

We needed him at the end of last season to win the league. Will need him again until the end of the season.

Help us win some silverware and he can go anywhere he wants to if he's adamant about leaving.

Deserves more love.

He’s an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer is Eric and a diamond bloke to boot. We hear little rumours of his discontent but where it matters on the pitch he’s 100% a blue, he slots seamlessly back in to the team in two high pressure games like he’s never been away. There are a lot of massive games left to play and a guy like him who’s seen it and done it will prove invaluable.

I wonder how he’d do as a DM next to Rodri in our 3421 formation. Stones had a few bad games as DM a year or two ago but he’s really flourished since. DM would play to Laporte’s strengths (ball progression, dictating play) and hopefully negate the weaknesses (lack of pace, wide areas). He’s been an excellent servant, would love to see him get another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.