14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for last season's title run in Eric and the rest of your contributions while at City. Bit unfortunate that Akanji finally settled after a shaky start and he couldn't regain his place in the starting line up.

Laporte has always struck me as a complex character, one who is part of the team but always seems to me to be on the periphery of the group. Often wondered if that is maybe a consequence of his cultural background.

There’s a sad reality that we’re about to play in another Champions League final and only 16 players can get on the park, assuming Guardiola uses all 5 substitutes for once. If they’re all fit, including Ake, then we have 17, so someone is going to miss out, and Laporte sat on the bench when we played in Porto. Going to be a tough call.

Love the bloke personally. He’s been brilliant all year on social media with supporting the team, obviously never caused any trouble (or he’d have been out the door), put his body on the line at the back end of last season to push us over the line and has just been a brilliant player with us from day 1.

Too good to be a bit-part player (less than that this season) - hope he’s successful wherever he goes. Providing it’s abroad…

I think his preference would be to stay and play regularly. But he knows he won't, so he'll leave for regular game time. I can respect that.

I think Pep simply prefers defenders who are quick and good 1v1 in this new system, and Akanji and Ake excel at both. Laporte is better in the build-up. He has been a great servant. Wish him all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.