14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why he is leaving to be honest. He started a lot last season but it was injury that stopped him from featuring more this season. Should consider staying here imo. I am sure pep likes him a lot

Reading between the lines, he’d prefer to stay but Pep feels the time is right to go, he’s always been one of the players with ‘bad faces’ so ultimately I trust Pep’s judgement. But what a player Laporte has been for us. Thank you so much Ayme and all the best at your next club.

I don't know why are we letting him to leave ?

They guy still has 2 years in his conrtract

For me he is better than Akanji & Ake

Can compete with John & Ruben
Because it’s important to always be refreshing the squad and Laporte has always been prone to the “bad faces” that Pep hates, which suggests there are squad harmony reasons to let him go too. Been fantastic for us and we wish him well but I don’t doubt Pep’s ability to know when it’s the right time for a player to leave.

If he is to leave, then his destination will be interesting. Both Arsenal and Spurs could currently use a player of his quality and experience, yet if there are questions over the physical condition of his knees, then a less physically demanding league (Spain or Italy) might be more attractive. He turns 29 later this week, so his next move could prove his last major one. Hope he goes out on the highest of highs.

I really wonder if we could play him DM next to Rodri in the 3241 position. Stones wasn’t great at DM when tried there before. I think he has the qualities to compliment Rodri really well.

I really wonder if we could play him DM next to Rodri in the 3241 position. Stones wasn’t great at DM when tried there before. I think he has the qualities to compliment Rodri really well.
He was practically playing in that position against Everton, and looked comfortable, but I think his preference would be to play at the back.

It must be incredibly difficult for players of his age to leave us now, because they know they are stepping down from the pinnacle of professionalism.

I don't know why are we letting him to leave ?

They guy still has 2 years in his conrtract

For me he is better than Akanji & Ake

Can compete with John & Ruben
I think he uses the ball better than Akanji and Dias.

I'd prefer to keep him rather than sign another defender. I think he's fantastic. But I'm not Pep or Txiki.

If he goes I wish him all the best. Just the same as with Jesus and Zinchenko last season (Sterling I was glad we sold)

No doubting he’s a fantastic player and has been a fantastic player for us, if he leaves and joins the play now pay later brigade, then good luck to him. If I were Real Madrid I’d be all over him. Or PSG, he’d turn them around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.