15 Years ago today

davymcfc said:
speccybob 8 said:
Will never forget this. Was my 19th birthday and also the day my mate had his daughters christening. For some strange reason he named me godfather.

An offer I couldn't refuse!

Spent the whole of the day flitting between the room that had the match on and the christening party.

Wouldn't change it for the world. It makes us what we are today.

Yes I am pissed
Happy 34th birthday!

Cheers Davy :D

macky said:
thought it couldn't get any worse but for the first 5 months in the 3rd tier of English football it did.
God bless Andy Morrison

Well said.

Jock Morrison was the main reason we managed to achieve promotion immediately, IMHO.

Horrible day. I went to bed the night before and I dreamed that we won 5-2 and stayed up. I woke up and saw the 5-2 and thought I was a wizard or something, then I saw we went down. Crushed and pissed off at myself for making me think we had done it.

What fantastic support from our fans, especially the blond woman who was fantastic.

Remember what the Rags used to say 'City' stood for? Conference In Two Years!

There's no doubt it all galvanised our support.

Proud to be blue!

Cant believe this was 15 years ago. I was 17 on my first lads hol in Tenerife. Remember being sat in a bar in Los Christianos with a few of the lads watching the scores pop up on teletext. If I remember rightly they couldnt pick up the channel in tenerife then possibly Sky Sports 2. I was OK for a few hours then when I sat down with a beer had tears in my eyes. Everyone kept asking if I was OK and it just made things worse. But these times are the times that make us the fans we are today. Wouldnt change our history for the world. Made Aguero all the more sweeter end of last season. My lads 7 in October hes on his 3rd year season ticket, hell never understand what we went through. Hes seen us win the FA Cup, the league, the Charity shield and had his first trip to Wembley for the semi and will be at the final. Just hope our success doesnt breed a new mentality similar to the rags.

that was my worst day ever following city
how could we have gone from winning the league, when i was a kid, to the third tier of English football was beyond me
i felt distraught for our club

alan ball was a ****

Pagie said:
Cant believe this was 15 years ago. I was 17 on my first lads hol in Tenerife. Remember being sat in a bar in Los Christianos with a few of the lads watching the scores pop up on teletext. If I remember rightly they couldnt pick up the channel in tenerife then possibly Sky Sports 2. I was OK for a few hours then when I sat down with a beer had tears in my eyes. Everyone kept asking if I was OK and it just made things worse. But these times are the times that make us the fans we are today. Wouldnt change our history for the world. Made Aguero all the more sweeter end of last season. My lads 7 in October hes on his 3rd year season ticket, hell never understand what we went through. Hes seen us win the FA Cup, the league, the Charity shield and had his first trip to Wembley for the semi and will be at the final. Just hope our success doesnt breed a new mentality similar to the rags.
we're not arrogant. We know where ws came from. A great journey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.