15 Years ago today

squirtyflower said:
that was my worst day ever following city
how could we have gone from winning the league, when i was a kid, to the third tier of English football was beyond me
i felt distraught for our club

alan ball was a ****

It ran deeper than alan ball. Franny tried to avert it but it was really the culmination of everything swales did.

As long as we remember that day we'll remember ourselves.

So without looking it up and following it to the next season it can't be that far off 14 years to the day that we played Wigan in one of the play off semi-finals?

Bluemoon dan said:
So without looking it up and following it to the next season it can't be that far off 14 years to the day that we played Wigan in one of the play off semi-finals?
Well, I just did look it up; May 15th and 19th 1999.

jimharri said:
Bluemoon dan said:
Well, I just did look it up; May 15th and 19th 1999.
That was some atmosphere at Maine road that night.

Was my 30th birthday & we went to the lowest point in our history. 45 today & how things have changed!

Watched that in Uni halls of residence in Derby, and after it finished jumped straight on the bus back home to stockport I was so depressed.

I Remember coming out of the ground after the game, stoke fans throwing whatever the could get their hands on, the area round the ground was just being built so was full of bricks & debris. Then getting on the coach and fights breaking out all over the place!

Didn't all the bottom four win that day and going into the last match anyone of them could have gone down if we had won and they had drawn or lost?

On paper some of them had some tough looking games and questions were asked as to how hard their opponnents had actually tried.

15 years, what I'd give to be back there even though we were rubbish !

Chugged down in a shitty old Sierra with my then girlfriend. Parked fuckin miles away and legged it up a dual carriageway with all these strange looking people shouting abuse at us and the filth slowing down to blatantly eye her up. Got in a bit late and just remember it being boiling hot and a vicious atmosphere. Weird game and weird day. Was too unbelievable to see City relegated to the 3rd division to feel upset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.