#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can see why Pep plays him a steadying influence, covers a lot of ground and keeps possession but his first thought is to pass backwards all the time , when he has an opportunity to turn and do something positive he stifles attacks by playing the safe ball. That is the difference between a world class player like Dinho and Rodri, awareness
I tend to agree. Not that he's a bad player, not at all but even today there were occasions on the half way line where turning could open things up.
The other points we have to keep finding ways to release KDB in space and quickly

i can see why Pep plays him a steadying influence, covers a lot of ground and keeps possession but his first thought is to pass backwards all the time , when he has an opportunity to turn and do something positive he stifles attacks by playing the safe ball. That is the difference between a world class player like Dinho and Rodri, awareness
Played loads of forward passes in another good game.

I’m not sure what your expectations are for forward passing, but Rodri breaks the lines more than any player in the league. That is statistical fact from this season so far.

Good to see a return of the bullshit meaningless no context stats, not seen them for a few weeks. Does it still have Rodri as the best dribbler in the league and Jordan Henderson as both xavi and iniesta reincarnated into one?

Not much to say good or bad on Rodri today, had nothing to do defensively and the opposition were too poor for him to need to do anything on the ball he just left it to the likes of KDB.

I think Fernndinho's recent performances and the likes of cancelo coming into midfield have highlighted exactly what we lack when we play everything through Rodri.

I’m not sure what your expectations are for forward passing, but Rodri breaks the lines more than any player in the league. That is statistical fact from this season so far.

11 times a game on average apparently. I think what passes 'break the lines' needs to be defined, because I don't think I've ever seen a player do what I would consider to be a line breaking pass 11 times in one game, nevermind every single game, and nevermind it being Rodri

You need to be very careful with a lot of stats (particularly ones as ambiguous as 'line breaking passes'), as that article giving Ruben Dias a B+ by the analytics kid in the Athletic has proven.

I prefer Fernandinho even now but Rodri had a good game today and did well in the second half against Chelsea.

Contrary to popular belief, Rodri is the most progressive, forward-playing player in the entire league.

Most line-breaking passes per 90 and firmly in quadrant 1 on the second image as being not just an active defender but also actively progressing the ball up the pitch. Also note he is better than the current version of Fernandinho at successful defensive actions per 90. Prime Dinho would be another matter, but for those saying Ferna is still our best DM, he isn’t. And that’s why Rodri plays so much.

I love posts like this that completely dispel the myths spouted as fact by his detractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.