16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posters have left this thread and I suspect that proves that he is now a hero and justifiably receiving praise for his consistently excellent performance.

i gave him dogs abuse and haven’t posted in general much this year, but deary me has he turned it around.

my guess is being benched for champs league final then spains showings have lit a fire in him. I remember some of his moans about refs and var smacked of someone who didn’t like when things didn’t go his way. He seems to have matured massively and it’s showing on the field now too.
Bravo Rodri, bravo.

The responses show that the solution is ALWAYS to give new players some time to adapt. Some are consistently abused: Grealish, Gundogan and Rodri are all examples of players who have proven the selection of abusive and overly critical posters wrong, or in Grealish's case, a player who is already being targeted mercilessly by some posters, after only a handful of games where his displays have been okay. The clue is in the word 'supporter'.

We paid 60m for Rodri for a reason. Pep himself was a DM and knows this position better than any other position in football. Maybe, just maybe, one should take into account Pep's knowledge of the game when he is about to slag off a player whose signing was approved by Pep himself. Those lurking in the Grealish thread should take note.

he was nowhere near this level in first season, but last season he turned in pretty good performances and this season he is stepped up even from that level becoming one of the most important player on the team sheet.

still mad neither him and Dinho started in CL final. we might still lose it but we didnt give the best chance to ourselves in that game.

he was nowhere near this level in first season, but last season he turned in pretty good performances and this season he is stepped up even from that level becoming one of the most important player on the team sheet.

still mad neither him and Dinho started in CL final. we might still lose it but we didnt give the best chance to ourselves in that game.

Starting Rodri at UCL Final is just as risky playing Gundogan at DM, he is in poor form towards the end of season.

I didn't rate him at all in that first season. He was always the wrong side of the ball and it was basically a case of "two passes and you're in" for the teams we played. But last season Pep started building the team around him and both collectively and individually we have improved because of that. This season he's been our second-best behind Bernardo, a day I never thought I'd see. He's taught me a lesson that if you just give players time with Pep then he'll turn them into world class footballers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.