16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri needs Bernardo as Rcm and Foden on the lm to flourish. Pep stop fucking about with the engine room. You found the solution but have now decided to over complicate and self inflict unnecessary damage to a winning formula.
So drop Kevin? Gundogan?

I'm never a fan of blaming other players when a player plays poorly.

Godri, my favorite player, had a shitty game. He should own it. Has nothing to do with the presence or absence of Bernado in midfield. By the way, Gundo who played in Midfield with him was City's best player. And Kevin was in the top 3.

Rodri had no one but himself to blame for being sloppy for parts of the game. I'm sure he'll be back to his Godri best soonest.

So drop Kevin? Gundogan?

Godri, my favorite player, had a shitty game. He should own it. Has nothing to do with the presence or absence of Bernado in midfield. By the way, Gundo who played in Midfield with him was City's best player. And Kevin was in the top 3.

Rodri had no one but himself to blame for being sloppy for parts of the game. I'm sure he'll be back to his Godri best soonest.
The midfield is exposed if the right combination is not selected. Some games we will get away with it but other times it leaves the team badly exposed and our defence is left with far too many runners to track.

Kev is not hitting the same heights. Yes he is a match winner but when playing below par his high risk passing can be a problem for city. We played into Spurs hands and we will probably do the same with United. Certain games I would like to see us revert back to a team collective instead of playing the match winner when out of form.

The team has looked wobbly of late and we have started to give up chances again. The above tweak will see us harder to beat. Gundo on current form needs to start. We look more assured when he is on the pitch. Kev needs dropped.

We need a fern replacement it really is that simple.we are lacking a player who can cover the ground similsr to a young fern.

Not signing Fabinho in 2017 or 2018 was naive - not only would have been a seamless replacement for Fernandinho but also stopped him becoming a key player for our biggest direct domestic rival.

Rodri needs Bernardo as Rcm and Foden on the lm to flourish. Pep stop fucking about with the engine room. You found the solution but have now decided to over complicate and self inflict unnecessary damage to a winning formula.
I didn't think this was true so I looked back through all of our league games this season to see who started at CDM, RCM, and LM. I was right.

Spurs 0-1 (a): Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sterling
Norwich 5-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Arsenal 5-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Leicester 1-0 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish

Southampton 0-0 (h): Fernandinho, Bernardo, Grealish
Chelsea 1-0 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Liverpool 2-2 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden
Burnley 2-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Brighton 4-1 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Crystal Palace 0-2 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish

Man United 0-2 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden
Everton 3-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden

West Ham 2-1 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Aston Villa 2-1 (a): Rodri, Fernandinho, Sterling
Watford 3-1 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden
Wolves 1-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Leeds 7-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish

Newcastle 4-0 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Leicester 6-3 (h): Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sterling
Brentford 1-0 (a): Fernandinho, Bernardo, Grealish
Arsenal 2-1 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Chelsea 1-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Southampton 1-1 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden
Brentford 2-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Norwich 4-0 (a): Fernandinho, Bernardo, Sterling
Tottenham 2-3 (h): Rodri, Gundogan, Sterling

The Rodri, Bernardo, Foden combination has been picked just 5 times this season. 3 wins, 2 draws. Win rate of 60% from 5 games. However, the Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish combination has been picked more than any other (9 times). 8 wins, 1 defeat, 3 goals conceded. 90% win rate.

People still won't hear it that Grealish is essential to our team but you've got proof right there that even Rodri is benefiting from his presence in the team.

Last edited:
I didn't think this was true so I looked back through all of our league games this season to see who started at CDM, RCM, and LM. I was right.

Spurs 0-1 (a): Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sterling
Norwich 5-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Arsenal 5-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Leicester 1-0 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish

Southampton 0-0 (h): Fernandinho, Bernardo, Grealish
Chelsea 1-0 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Liverpool 2-2 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden
Burnley 2-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Brighton 4-1 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Crystal Palace 0-2 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish

Man United 0-2 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden
Everton 3-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden

West Ham 2-1 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Aston Villa 2-1 (a): Rodri, Fernandinho, Sterling
Watford 3-1 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden
Wolves 1-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Leeds 7-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish

Newcastle 4-0 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Leicester 6-3 (h): Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sterling
Brentford 1-0 (a): Fernandinho, Bernardo, Grealish
Arsenal 2-1 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Chelsea 1-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish
Southampton 1-1 (a): Rodri, Bernardo, Foden
Brentford 2-0 (h): Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling
Norwich 4-0 (a): Fernandinho, Bernardo, Sterling
Tottenham 2-3 (h): Rodri, Gundogan, Sterling

The Rodri, Bernardo, Foden combination has been picked just 5 times this season. 3 wins, 2 draws. Win rate of 60% from 5 games. However, the Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish combination has been picked more than any other (10 times). 10 wins, 1 goal conceded. 100% win rate.

People still won't hear it that Grealish is essential to our team but you've got proof right there that even Rodri is benefiting from his presence in the team.
How can it be a 100% win ratio when, according to your data, we lost 0-2 to Palace at home with those 3?

I make it 8 wins and one defeat

So drop Kevin? Gundogan?

Forget about "blame". It is a team game and the strength of a team is that the right combination of individuals is more balanced and strong, change the individuals and you stengthen or weaken the unit. Of course the performance of each player has an impact, positive or negative , on the performances of other players in the team, it's not a matter of "blame", it's the reality of team sport.

Forget about "blame". It is a team game and the strength of a team is that the right combination of individuals is more balanced and strong, change the individuals and you stengthen or weaken the unit. Of course the performance of each player has an impact, positive or negative , on the performances of other players in the team, it's not a matter of "blame", it's the reality of team sport.
Granted, all players affect each other. But I see very little Bernado would have done, that Gundogan wasn't doing. Sure! Making Bernado less effective by sticking him at striker sucked. But both Gundogan and Kevin played extremely well in midfield. Rodri simply didn't.

He made mistakes, that had nothing to do with who was around him. Our loss was a function of poor chance creation and abysmal defending in moments.

There was a point at the beginning of the 2nd half when we had 90% possession. They couldn't breathe. But we created little out of it.

And they scored easily on their few opportunities. I struggle to see how Bernado would have changed anything by replacing Gundo or Kev in midfield.

It was simply a wierd game. Like we have every year. We lost to Norwich or some shit team like that last year. This things happen.

I know you know in a Rodri happy clapper. I think he is unbelievably special. I just don't think he played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.