16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The midfield may have been positioned differently to normal, and both teams tried to bypass it when attacking, but Rodri was an integral part of the game and played well. In addition, Thiago definitely should have gone and Fabinho definitely could have and that was primarily because they could not deal with our midfield movement.
I don't disagree he had a very good game, I've praised him quite highly right above the quote, but the other guy merely said we didn't dominate midfield in response to you saying we did, he's correct to say so, we didn't, because there was no midfield to dominate most of the time. That's not taking anything away from Rodri to point that out, he wasn't asked to dominate the midfield, what was asked of him, he did very well.

Are some saying he was average/poor. Wtf I was sat the game and thought he was good.
So much of the football fanbase (not just City) has shifted to the stance that if a player is not scoring or assisting they are not particularly good. Strangely, at a time when we can dissect matches in ways never dreamed of when I was born, and tactics have become akin to world championship Go matches, quite a lot of the nuance of the game has been cast aside by a large portion of supporters.

I think some of that comes down to the influence of the FIFA games (and namely the FUT generation) but some of it is just the role he plays. It is most often subtle and unassuming, but he does it incredibly well, as he did today for me.

Thought he was our worst player.. didn't offer much protection and his passing was lazy and often put us in unneccessary danger. Lucky he had Bernie buzzing around him to mask a lot of his faults
Maybe you were blinded by the smoke bombs those morons threw on the pitch, breaking up our rhythym. You still haven't grasped a centuries old concept of a midfield partnership of players complementing each other.

I don't disagree he had a very good game, I've praised him quite highly right above the quote, but the other guy merely said we didn't dominate midfield in response to you saying we did, he's correct to say so, we didn't, because there was no midfield to dominate most of the time. That's not taking anything away from Rodri to point that out, he wasn't asked to dominate the midfield, what was asked of him, he did very well.
I know you praised him, I just disagree that there was no game played in midfield but I often enjoy your analysis so best wishes to a fellow blue.

So much of the football fanbase (not just City) has shifted to the stance that if a player is not scoring or assisting they are not particularly good. Strangely, at a time when we can dissect matches in ways never dreamed of when I was born, and tactics have become akin to world championship Go matches, quite a lot of the nuance of the game has been cast aside by a large portion of supporters.

I think some of that comes down to the influence of the FIFA games (and namely the FUT generation) but some of it is just the role he plays. It is most often subtle and unassuming, but he does it incredibly well, as he did today for me.
Agreed, and some of the impatience comes from fans who barely ever kicked a football themselves and think it is as easy as the best make it look, and it is not just the young fans.

He did well,he rarely drops below an 8/10,but ive noticed there is an occasional hesitancy and lack of assertiveness at times that leaves us open to the counter.
I still believe,as an alternative and maybe as a compliment,we need a more athletic and mobile option in our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.