16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say, Spaniards are just good at this football lark. ;-)

Rodri is the 10th Spaniard to score in a UCL final -- at least three more players than any other nation (seven Brazilians and seven Germans). He is also the first Spaniard to score the winning goal since Fernando Morientes in the 2000 Final for Real Madrid vs Valencia.

7 on team of the season
View attachment 82828
That’s the most accurate team I’ve seen in quite a while!

It goes without saying that he is one of the best footballers in the world.

But apart from that, he has so many more dimensions to his life. He donates 25% of his income to Spanish charities, and made the decision not to get tattoos so that it would be easier for him to donate blood. He also completed a degree in business administration, the last two years of the course while he was playing for us.

Quite a rounded person and not your average footballer! We are so lucky to have him in our squad. Thank you Txiki!

At the end of an incredible, unbelievable individual season, he scores probably the second biggest goal in the club's history to win the game.

One of the five best players in the country right now and I'm thrilled he got that big moment to finally wake up the neutrals to how good he is. Rodri! What a player. If he is captain or vice captain after Gundo leaves I'll be delighted, hopefully the other is Dias.

Don't ever want to hear the Casemiro/Partey/Rodri debate again. He is clear. He's the new Busquets.
Could his goal be considered the single most important one? The winning goal to seal a treble.

I wouldn’t argue with anyone who felt it’s the most important one!
Without a doubt. Make no mistake even winning the double with 3 in a row and beating United in the final would have been described as failure in the national press if we lose that CL final. It would have been used to diminish the achievements of the Pep era as much as they could. That goal boxes them in and it was a fantastic goal in itself, curled round 2 players and into the side with no chance for the keeper when under massive pressure. Big shout due for the Ederson saves as well.

Rodri's on his way to becoming the best DM in PL history. Has the quality and has/will have the trophies. He's entering his prime now.

He's still a bit underrated, given he hasn't even made our top 3 players of the season. Our most consistent player!

Last edited:
Rodri's on his way to becoming the best DM in PL history. Has the quality and has/will have the trophies. He's entering his prime now.

He's still a bit underrated, given he hasn't even made our top 3 players of the season. Our most consistent player!

That goal was a goal, that any world class forward would have been happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.