16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simply, he's the best player on the planet, regardless of position. He's easily one of the best players I've ever seen.

He is finally adding (important) goals to his game.

I sometimes watch him and just think he makes it look so easy - pick up a pass, control it and move it on. It's not hard, but he makes it look that simple you can't understand why no one else can do it.

It says it all that when he plays, we don't lose.

One qualm - he did this a long time ago.

I caught sight of a quite amazing little moment in front of me last night. Villa were going long witha goalkick and their big centre forward moved out to the left wing to get up against Lewis and the keeper looked up to acknkoweldge this. Quick as a flash Rodri ran out to Lewis and told him to swap with him. Lewis shrugged as if to say "what are you going on about" but did it. The kick came to exactly that area and Rodri got up with their lad and won a thumping header, then they swapped back.

"Solve the problems yourself" Pep says in the new documentary. What an example.

I’ll have to go and have a lie down as I’ve just been over to ‘SadCafe’ by the link earlier in this thread on Rodri. I hadn’t given much thought to the goal he scored against Villa in the 3-2 comeback but it really was that significant. He is such a brilliant player for us, IMHO more important than anyone else in the team.
Its not even close. Even if hes not captain, he plays like one every game. No doubting whos the leader and orchestrator out there.

That a great find, thanks. Really highlights his level. Him v Rice hahahahaa
To be fair, Rice is a very good player, and was a good buy for Arsenal. They needed that type of player. But I doubt you'd find one City fan who would be prepared to swap him for "Plodri" (remember that?). Even some of the weapons on the match threads would laugh at the idea. Maybe. Rodri is so far ahead of him that any comparison would just look silly.

To be fair, Rice is a very good player, and was a good buy for Arsenal. They needed that type of player. But I doubt you'd find one City fan who would be prepared to swap him for "Plodri" (remember that?). Even some of the weapons on the match threads would laugh at the idea. Maybe. Rodri is so far ahead of him that any comparison would just look silly.
I agree about Rice. He's come on leaps and bounds at Arsenal, looks a very good purchase. Just makes me laugh at the media and fan (arsenal) driven comparison that is put to bed completely. Arsenal fans genuinely think Rice is better and some of the media are parroting their stance.
Rice is very good, Rodri is the benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.