16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri is entitled to his opinion and if people don't like it that's their lookout. As for the Gibraltan FA, who the fuck do they think they are? They've no right to curtail anyone's free speech. It's not as if he's saying anything racist or discriminatory. It's an opinion that he thinks a bit of land belongs to his country and he's allowed to express that view.

Despite Rodri asking Pep for help at City he seemed to cope quite easily with the extra games in the Euros with Spain getting Player of the Tournament I think.

Is there something he does at City different to when he plays for Spain?

Certainly we had a washed up Kane playing for England perhaps the German League is more demanding than our PL?

Despite Rodri asking Pep for help at City he seemed to cope quite easily with the extra games in the Euros with Spain getting Player of the Tournament I think.

Is there something he does at City different to when he plays for Spain?

Certainly we had a washed up Kane playing for England perhaps the German League is more demanding than our PL?

Rodri played every 4-5 days for Spain rather than every 3-4 days. Plus, he missed the game vs Albania. Basically, he played 6 games in 30 days, and at City he had to play 8-9 games in a month at times. Plus, he had a 2-week rest before the Euros.

Different situations.

I'd say that he was better for City than for Spain. But his immense record over the last 2 seasons has helped him and people are paying more attention now.

Rodri played every 4-5 days for Spain rather than every 3-4 days. Plus, he missed the game vs Albania. Basically, he played 6 games in 30 days, and at City he had to play 8-9 games in a month at times. Plus, he had a 2-week rest before the Euros.

Different situations.

I'd say that he was better for City than for Spain. But his immense record over the last 2 seasons has helped him and people are paying more attention now.
Do you think our other players in the England team were too weary from Peps demands of them and welcomed a chance to play a different game plan?

All Rodri did was have a bit to much champagne and get caught up in the heat of the moment yawn !!!!

Do you think our other players in the England team were too weary from Peps demands of them and welcomed a chance to play a different game plan?

Hard to tell, mate. Stones played well but he didn't play much during the season and was fresh. Walker and Foden played a lot and weren't fresh, imo. Thought both weren't great vs United and didn't improve much after that.

the thing is, geographically, he is correct.

us and the dutch robbed it with extreme force in 1704 on behalf of an austrian archduke called charles who wanted to be king of spain.
we did it for financial reward, pirate style.

charles failed and about 10 years later the dutch said "fuck it, you can have it" to england.

when wars, like the napoleonic ones, were won and lost on the seas it was strategically useful.
gibraltar is now nothing more than a tax haven for firms like bet365.
people bang on about scruffy jim not paying taxes.
what's the difference?

well, oh yes, but it is english.
it always has been.
i don't know what that means
but there you go.

at the end of the day it was just a bit of banter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.