16 | Rodri 2024/25

I thought Rodri was crap in his first season and couldn't see him making it with us. It's hard to believe the transformation of how good he's become, and I'm delighted that he's proved me and lots of his critics wrong.
I criticized him for being too slow in possession in his first season, how wrong can you be about a player.

Some great posts in here
That's a hilarious thread. There's plenty on there who are still around on here. I wonder what they think now, looking back on that thread?

I criticized him for being too slow in possession in his first season, how wrong can you be about a player.
Many of us got it wrong on Rodri but you can only say what you see at the time. I also thought he was too slow and indecisive. He looked out of his depth getting caught out too many times and because his confidence was low he played it safe too much. I never thought he'd be anywhere near as good a holding midfielder as Fernandinho's but he's since proved himself to be just as good and just as important, even though he's a different types of player. I still preferred Fern though, probably because he is one of my top 5 City players.

I've read the first 40 odd pages in the 20/21 seson Rodri thread and noticed I hadn't yet jabbed him with my pitchfork but I gave him some stick several times, mostly constructive criticism. But after reading "he looks like he's running in treacle" I called him 'treacle toes' a couple of times just to get his fan boys agitated, and it worked; )

Joking apart, Rodri has proved all his doubters wrong and proved himself to be world class and arguably the best DM in world football. Not really arguably because hi his IMO, but the way he's transformed his former self is truly remarkable.

Many of us got it wrong on Rodri but you can only say what you see at the time. I also thought he was too slow and indecisive. He looked out of his depth getting caught out too many times and because his confidence was low he played it safe too much. I never thought he'd be anywhere near as good a holding midfielder as Fernandinho's but he's since proved himself to be just as good and just as important, even though he's a different types of player. I still preferred Fern though, probably because he is one of my top 5 City players.

I've read the first 40 odd pages in the 20/21 seson Rodri thread and noticed I hadn't yet jabbed him with my pitchfork but I gave him some stick several times, mostly constructive criticism. But after reading "he looks like he's running in treacle" I called him 'treacle toes' a couple of times just to get his fan boys agitated, and it worked; )

Joking apart, Rodri has proved all his doubters wrong and proved himself to be world class and arguably the best DM in world football. Not really arguably because hi his IMO, but the way he's transformed his former self is truly remarkable.
No one minds constructive criticism of a player, and his perceived flaws. It's to be encouraged, actually. It's the personal abusive stuff that we don't really need. Compared to some of the stuff on that thread, "treacle toes" is very mild!

No one minds constructive criticism of a player, and his perceived flaws. It's to be encouraged, actually. It's the personal abusive stuff that we don't really need. Compared to some of the stuff on that thread, "treacle toes" is very mild!
Too much personal abusive stuff on the match threads for my liking. It used to be good fun and banter but the unnecessary bad shit comments stopped me from reading and contributing. I much prefer watching the game win draw or lose than reading what some jumped up fanny wipe tosser thinks. How you mods cope on there I don't know.

Some great posts in here

Tough read that thread, jesus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.