#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam is an absolute weapon these days , he knows fuck all

People writing kev off is fucking hilarious

Point to one single person who has written him off.

Why do you always invent an strawman to argue with?

He already looks tired the past 12 months, despite only playing every other game through October/November. I dread to think what he's going to look like at 31 after playing 20/21, then the Euros, then 21/22 (including the world cup 2022) without a break.

Could easily be an Alexis Sanchez burnout situation, or Yaya post World Cup 2014.

I love him to bits but I would be a bit nervous about putting him on £350k/week+ until he was 35.
Exactly my thinking.

He already looks tired the past 12 months, despite only playing every other game through October/November. I dread to think what he's going to look like at 31 after playing 20/21, then the Euros, then 21/22 (including the world cup 2022) without a break.

Could easily be an Alexis Sanchez burnout situation, or Yaya post World Cup 2014.

I love him to bits but I would be a bit nervous about putting him on £350k/week+ until he was 35.

Players with similar ability always decline around the age of 32. I think he’d be a good option to play a bit deeper, but it’s not feasible to expecting Kev to cover the whole pitch for 90 mins in the coming years.

Do you seriously believe we would be stupid enough to offer him less than what he's currently on?
Kev turns 30 in June. So yes, I could see paying him slightly less on a per week basis now, but guaranteeing more years. By the end of a new five year deal he very likely would be getting paid above his ability level, which is why players often make this concession. It makes some sense and I'm willing to believe that rather than just doing the Bluemoon thing where I pretend any article I don't like is fake.

Sam is an absolute weapon these days , he knows fuck all

People writing kev off is fucking hilarious
I too would like to see all these people writing Kev off.

Considering kdb is acting on his own I'm wondering how on earth anybody outside of txiki and kdb could possibly know not only the details of a proposed contract but also the feelings of the player and the summer intentions of our DoF. Somebody has either got some incredible hacking equipment/has developed telepathy skills or just possibly they're making it up entirely to gain views. I really don't understand why so many lap up the words of these journalists whose very job is to gain attention by whatever means neccesary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.