#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately hardly any chances were falling for his feet apart from very first header last week and some long shots really but those were not big chances he just took the long shot option.

he probably is our best finisher in high pressure situations but no chances for him yesterday. he needs a top finisher alongside him who he can feed. maybe not even one but two.

Far too much is expected of him in every single game, sometimes it feels as though if he doesn't perform the team doesn't. That's a lot of responsibility for one player to carry. We need to have that shared amongst other members of the team. Think I remember an interview with him somewhere when he said it was easier playing with David Silva as there was someone to share the workload with.

Far too much is expected of him in every single game, sometimes it feels as though if he doesn't perform the team doesn't. That's a lot of responsibility for one player to carry. We need to have that shared amongst other members of the team. Think I remember an interview with him somewhere when he said it was easier playing with David Silva as there was someone to share the workload with.
Bernardo was miles better than him on the night?!

Think he gets off a bit lightly, risked himself for Belgium so Pep had to carefully manage him through the season as he's mostly shuffled about like someone twice his age. Last night was reminiscent of his clumsy displays against Lyon and Chelsea so maybe you can't put it all down to the ankle. Not sure how a world class mid lets the ball roll under/past his foot so often. Moving forward we'd be more stable in big games with a natural centre mid helping Rodri and Silva. I Don't expect that to happen with the long contract we gave him, maybe if we sign Haarland he'll drag the line back and give De Bruyne more space and time to control the ball facing towards goal.

Also not sure what his problem with Mahrez is, in the time he was on only passed I think twice to the right when there was no other option. Bernardo takes his position when he went off and immediately sets up Mahrez to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.