17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lethargic and poor.

Looking like a player in his early 30's where fitness doesnt come naturally.
He'd be far better as an incredible impact player from the bench

Lethargic and poor.

Having watched the full game again I think you're being a tad harsh here fantasy - the entire balance of the side was wrong until the last 30 mins but even when we were struggling he was the only player who was trying to close them down. I thought he looked very fit last night.

Kev thrives on space and movement ahead of him - when the subs came on he was allowed to do what he does best. I believe sometimes he actually tries to do too much - when we have a balanced lineup Kev is the very least of our worries. I'd only be worried if he looked poor when we have our first choice team out there - ie on current form one including Kev, Bernie, Phil, Rodri, Haaland & Alvarez as the front six.

Lethargic and poor.

You're not serious here, FI, surely? He's fit as a butcher's dog. He has games like that where nothing comes off. It comes with the territory because he's all about killer deliveries. But he's the first name on the teamsheet for every game unless he needs a rest. Cometh the hour cometh the man, and you can bet your bottom dollar that whenever we have a big game he's the best player on the pitch.

Lethargic and poor.

He was average last night but not because he was lethargic. If anything he was trying to force it too often. Think it's something we're going to have to get used to - he's got a striker to aim for again so he's going to look for passes that aren't on sometimes. Plus Dortmund were really well organised and he couldn't drift into those half spaces he likes to do. His form is fine, he's contributed to 7 goals in 9 games.

I just hope KdB doesn’t read his topic on BM. And I’m happy Pep is the manager. Many sound like the pundits who criticised City when we payed 50plus million for him.

KdB is by far the best player when it comes to assists and he can foresee things hardly anyone can. Most players around him understand his thinking and react accordingly. Haaland will be one of them too.

And although Dortmund made it hard and defended according to plan letting City have the ball, KdB was by no means our worst player. Nor was he lethargic. Dortmund made it very hard for KdB to develop his game. Still worked his socks of last night and that’s all you can expert from a player who is cleverly played out of his game.

Kev suffers when he is not 100% on his game. When not on his game his simple passes suffer and then he forces it and looks even worse. He can still pull out something brilliant when playing like this but last night was not one of them. In fact I would say Kev is the least "Pep" player we have because he takes so many risks.

Kev suffers when he is not 100% on his game. When not on his game his simple passes suffer and then he forces it and looks even worse. He can still pull out something brilliant when playing like this but last night was not one of them. In fact I would say Kev is the least "Pep" player we have because he takes so many risks.
I would disagree, Kev's game is incisive and risky. Therefore the rest off the team risk propensity is reduced in order to facilitate Kev incisive and often risky passing thereby keeping the risk level at a level at a level that Pep accepts. Kev is the cutting edge where as the rest of the team bar Halaand take more pragmatic and often less glamours roles.

Having watched the full game again I think you're being a tad harsh here fantasy - the entire balance of the side was wrong until the last 30 mins but even when we were struggling he was the only player who was trying to close them down. I thought he looked very fit last night.

Kev thrives on space and movement ahead of him - when the subs came on he was allowed to do what he does best. I believe sometimes he actually tries to do too much - when we have a balanced lineup Kev is the very least of our worries. I'd only be worried if he looked poor when we have our first choice team out there - ie on current form one including Kev, Bernie, Phil, Rodri, Haaland & Alvarez as the front six.
I thought he was the only City player, in the first half, who was anything like. Second half he wasn't as good. He has been OK so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.