17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev suffers when he is not 100% on his game. When not on his game his simple passes suffer and then he forces it and looks even worse. He can still pull out something brilliant when playing like this but last night was not one of them. In fact I would say Kev is the least "Pep" player we have because he takes so many risks.
Pep wants him to take risks

You're not serious here, FI, surely? He's fit as a butcher's dog. He has games like that where nothing comes off. It comes with the territory because he's all about killer deliveries. But he's the first name on the teamsheet for every game unless he needs a rest. Cometh the hour cometh the man, and you can bet your bottom dollar that whenever we have a big game he's the best player on the pitch.

I am serious,of course he is still brilliant....although the moments are not as frequent,and he is definitely a yard slower than he was a couple of seasons back.He quite often loses a 50/50 and keeping possession isn't as guaranteed as it once was.

The thing with KDB is that he can in a match in an instant,hence why he is always picked.....but there are also negative consequences in our play as a result.We 100% play better with Gundo/Bernie/Rodri trio,but they do not always offer that moment of genius.

I am serious,of course he is still brilliant....although the moments are not as frequent,and he is definitely a yard slower than he was a couple of seasons back.He quite often loses a 50/50 and keeping possession isn't as guaranteed as it once was.

The thing with KDB is that he can in a match in an instant,hence why he is always picked.....but there are also negative consequences in our play as a result.We 100% play better with Gundo/Bernie/Rodri trio,but they do not always offer that moment of genius.
I love kdb, but he is always at the top of being dispossessed by a large margin.

The brilliance somewhat evens it out.

You're not serious here, FI, surely? He's fit as a butcher's dog. He has games like that where nothing comes off. It comes with the territory because he's all about killer deliveries. But he's the first name on the teamsheet for every game unless he needs a rest. Cometh the hour cometh the man, and you can bet your bottom dollar that whenever we have a big game he's the best player on the pitch.

*apart from at the Bernabeu last season...

Lethargic and poor.

Looking like a player in his early 30's where fitness doesnt come naturally.
He'd be far better as an incredible impact player from the bench

Wow. Some wild takes on here at times but that takes the biscuit.
Slow start to last season following his lingering injury woes but he's completely smashed it in 2022. As a starter and not from the bench.

100% play better? I don't think so and in any case we only saw that trio together 8 times. So hardly conclusive.

I get it though that there was a frustration with KDB as he fought for fitness and form and the GUndo/Bernie/Rodri trio can look better than one including an 80% firing KDB. But the 100% KDB we saw in 2022 and particularly the later stages of the season was spectacular - as was the team mainly.

His numbers were/are sensational and consistently outweigh any negative you talk about and are in any case factored in to him being the best midfielder in the world.

"brilliant....although the moments are not as frequent"
For the life of me I can't see what you don't see. For example, he bossed the Man of the Match polls on here for the later stages of last season in so many games, including most of the big games. Opinions differ but come on..
Even this season he leads the way on MOTM:
KDB 3
Haaland 2
Bernie 1
Phil 1
Stones 1

Last edited:
So many eye catching flamboyant moments watching this guy in a City shirt. From a 51 year old who still plays Sunday league and been going since 77. Best player I’ve seen in that time. Such a privilege watching him for the last 7 years. Maybe I’ve had a few but fuck it.

5 assists in the PL for KDB so far.

The record is 20 held by KDB/Henry and with Haaland in the side I think he might break it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.