17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the whole team, I thought he was bloody bobbins for nearly the entire game, but the moments of the play where we scored the goals he was top class.

Gave the ball away like a lot of others today and got frustrated with himself. Can’t see how he was given man of the match today.

Today is a classic example of what i have been talking about.

He has provided the assist,which is wonderful.....but he is almost a liability with the way he loses control/possession or a 50/50.

He should be dominating a midfield against a tam with 10,and he isnt....not even close.Gundo would be bossing and running the show.
Not sure why it's so hard for everyone to understand what you're saying, but I do and couldn't agree more. Turning the ball over far too much combined with not tracking back as hard as he should is a bad combo.

Not sure why it's so hard for everyone to understand what you're saying, but I do and couldn't agree more. Turning the ball over far too much combined with not tracking back as hard as he should is a bad combo.
He was the same this time last season. He isn’t particularly athletic compared to a lot of players and he’s looking like he’s in his 30s now. It was around Christmas last season when he got into his stride and looked fully fit and sharp, and was brilliant in the second half of the season.

I think the same will happen again.

He presses up there with Haaland like crazy. Also his job is to create chances with risky passes. I could go and criticize Bernardo because he doesn't produce 1/5 of the chances KDB does per match, but his job is not that. KDB has by far the best passing skills in the world and all our counterattacks go through him because his acceleration and physicality are also the best in the world for a MC. I don't get what is so hard to understand for the both of you.

KDB is the only player ever in City who is recognized as the best in his position for several years. Not Yaya, not Aguero, not Silva or Kompany. He has the most individual awards, great stats. It's funny that he is by far the least recognized modern legend of our team, and probably the more underrated player in our squad when you compare the opinion of some of our fans to pretty much any other football fan.

If you think he is a liability, football is not for you. Better try a sport where the only objective is to maintain possession no matter what.

Football evokes various emotion and a lack of balance with some.

I recognise Kev's unique ability and genius but i can also see his flaws,which are becoming increasingly frequent.

His occasional brilliance,like the 2 assists today,is masking his overall contribution .

He was bobbins today for 85 mins,yet he won MOTM for many.....thats where we are at.

Is there anywhere you can find an all time assists per game stat? He must right near the top of that if there is one

Cant quite believe what I've just read in this thread - "Kev is not fit as he's getting on a bit, perhaps a liability and is only occasionally effective" - well thank God we have a manager that understands our sport. During the first half there was a pivotal moment when we were 1-0 up when we pressed them and stopped them from dictating possession - something they can be very good at. There was one player who closed three of their team down, yep it was our old maestro - even the numpty BT commentators noted that the reason we are so good is because our best player does the hard work. Pep congratulated the captain straight away as he knows how important that action was.

There is no pleasing some fans. Kev is ace, and he's ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.